intheclouds 12 Lathes of Christmas

RadDonut

Got my lathes today! Overall I think This Patch of Sky sounds like ass though :( The bass drums on this thing THUMP, but everything else is really muddy sounding. Not unlistenable, but very underwhelming. Some songs seem to sound a little better than others.

Anyways, got 9/40 for TPoS & 19/42 for Athletics.

I received Athletics (15/42) and This Patch Of Sky (1/40) over the weekend.  You're right about TPoS, really muddy sounding.  But this is such a cool project and I'm looking forward to what he has coming up next year.  I didn't receive a refund.  Did anyone else receive one even if you ordered only 2 things?

I admittedly need to give This Patch of Sky another listen, because I realized my stylus had a ball of fuzz attached to it after I was done lol.  OOPS.  Poor vinyl habits on my part.

Also, am I weird for dreaming of a day where I own a #'d 1/??? some day?  Or even the last # in a pressing.  I don't know why, but that appeals to my weird brain.

So I'm jealous of you, stillused, that you got 1/40.

I admittedly need to give This Patch of Sky another listen, because I realized my stylus had a ball of fuzz attached to it after I was done lol.  OOPS.  Poor vinyl habits on my part.

Also, am I weird for dreaming of a day where I own a #'d 1/??? some day?  Or even the last # in a pressing.  I don't know why, but that appeals to my weird brain.

So I'm jealous of you, stillused, that you got 1/40.

nah, i think that's a pretty common cognitive bias. i have zero evidence to provide you but i think, anecdotally, that the first and last of any numbered set are valued more by collectors -- for larger runs, all zero endings (i.e #9000/X) perhaps as well. but i'm just spitballing here.

i'd love to have athletics #1. would be so cool. wonder if it's all random or by daily purchase order.