intheclouds 12 Lathes of Christmas

RadDonut

• 4 weeks later...

Got my two lathes in the mail today. Happy overall with the finished product. Strangely, the Owel 7" was double sided, and I couldn't tell any difference between the two songs, so I think Dan just cut the single into both sides - kinda weird, why waste time like that? Also, has anyone received a partial shipping refund yet?

1 hour ago, omik11303 said:

Got my two lathes in the mail today. Happy overall with the finished product. Strangely, the Owel 7" was double sided, and I couldn't tell any difference between the two songs, so I think Dan just cut the single into both sides - kinda weird, why waste time like that? Also, has anyone received a partial shipping refund yet?

Another good question would be why these weren't started before they even went on sale. Surely he knew the lineup for awhile. But it's whatever, ITC is cool by me.  

1 minute ago, serum7 said:

Another good question would be why these weren't started before they even went on sale. Surely he knew the lineup for awhile. But it's whatever, ITC is cool by me.  

I don't think he knew everything. I suggested VIS to him maybe a few weeks before they went on sale. He had to contact them and all that other jazz. But yeah, ITC is cool by me as well. 

radio silence on dan's end throughout this whole process (sent him a couple of emails between december and now re: shipping). not entirely optimistic the shipping gets resolved... and i will be kind of pissed if it comes in a regular envelope (as @Sasansaid above) because that kind of shit rarely survives a transpacific shipment

let me preface this by saying that i don't practice the art of record cleaning outside of using a brush before each play, shame on me.

that being said what's the best (safest) diy way to clean these?  mine arrived showing many signs of manhandling and would like to clear that up before i give it a listen.

1 hour ago, Kristopher said:

let me preface this by saying that i don't practice the art of record cleaning outside of using a brush before each play, shame on me.

that being said what's the best (safest) diy way to clean these?  mine arrived showing many signs of manhandling and would like to clear that up before i give it a listen.

You could go a step further with a homebrew cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth (mix in a paint edger brush for a deeper clean), but I'd be extremely careful with that because I believe all of the labels are printed on an inkjet printer and if those get wet they'll be ruined. I could be wrong but everything I've gotten from ITC appeared to be inkjet, which even if done on professional equipment I'd be very nervous to get around moisture. 

8 hours ago, Kristopher said:

Mine looked awful including what looked like a huge scratch but I’m an even more irresponsible vinyl guy & didn’t clean anything yet they sounded fantastic.  No skips/pops or anything.

9 hours ago, chamb117 said:

radio silence on dan's end throughout this whole process (sent him a couple of emails between december and now re: shipping). not entirely optimistic the shipping gets resolved... and i will be kind of pissed if it comes in a regular envelope (as @Sasansaid above) because that kind of shit rarely survives a transpacific shipment

Are you emailing [email protected]?  I got an almost immediate response the other day.

18 hours ago, serum7 said:

You could go a step further with a homebrew cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth (mix in a paint edger brush for a deeper clean), but I'd be extremely careful with that because I believe all of the labels are printed on an inkjet printer and if those get wet they'll be ruined. I could be wrong but everything I've gotten from ITC appeared to be inkjet, which even if done on professional equipment I'd be very nervous to get around moisture. 

Good looking out on the labels, probably wouldn't have even though of that.  

11 hours ago, mrewest said:

Mine looked awful including what looked like a huge scratch but I’m an even more irresponsible vinyl guy & didn’t clean anything yet they sounded fantastic.  No skips/pops or anything.

Right??? I understand the extreme DIY nature of these but still.