The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Here's my tapes. I don't really buy new releases on tape anymore, especially if they're available on a different format, because that's fucking stupid. But I do still buy some demos/comps, as well as the occasional $.25 tape at the record store.

NXrAs.jpg

Edit - I'm sure nobody gives a shit, but the glared tapes in the middle column are parts 1 and 2 of Jello Biafra's "No More Cocoons", and the glared tapes in the third column are Overjoid "s/t", The Replacements' "Pleased To Meet Me", and Skankin Pickle's "The Green Album".

Edit 2 - I just realized I have another Faith No More tape and a Less Than Jake tape sitting right on top of my tape rack, but didn't catch them in the photo.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My cassette collection has crept over the 500 mark in last few months, our label also has half a dozen in production, I almost listen to tapes more at this point than vinyl.

I think I listen to cassettes just as much as I listen to vinyl (which is daily). I'm only at about 100+ cassettes right now, but I'm always looking for new additions to my collection!

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly all of my tapes were stolen from my car years ago. Most of what i have left are old blank tape rips of vinyl. However, i still have iron maiden's somewhere in time that i bought from sears (or Caldor, but i'm pretty certain it was sears) with birthday money in the 5th grade.

here's what's left - barring a positive effort tape comp and shabbagoy demo.

Tapes_zps2724e02b.jpg

• 1 month later...

here's what's left - barring a positive effort tape comp and shabbagoy demo.

Tapes_zps2724e02b.jpg

Same thing happened to me. All of my tapes were stolen out of the back  seat of my car. I would like to think some young kids took the tapes home and got into punk/hardcore but they prob. ended up in a dumpster. Huge bummer, I had alot of demos that are hard to find now.

I also want that Kid Dynamite demo,lets talk.

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine runs a pretty much all cassette label and when I was over at his house on Saturday to help him with getting some new releases together, I was really inspired by the set up of his office, so I took a few cues from him and moved an extra Technics deck I had laying around onto one of my work desks while also moving my cassette wall from the bedroom into my office.

fvfuog.jpg

sm7jer.jpg

5nud5u.jpg