The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Hey y'all, 20% at the known pleasure records store with the code "CLEAR" doesn't work on Big Awesome or Glassgrade because we just put those up, but it'll work on Chalmers (We Were Skeletons/You Blew It!) and the other stuff! and I think I've replied to everyone about the teen suicide tapes now, thanks everyone!

Hey Crack Rock Steady

It looks like Incubus - Crow Left is the Malaysian version, correct?

Could you tell me what country Morning View is from? I have a USA copy.

Crow is a Malaysian copy, correct. I believe Morning View is as well. If it's not Malaysian then it's Indonesian. The weird thing is that ACLOTM doesn't play on my tape deck, but, Morning View does. 

Bought a Kenwood 1050Ct deck today to triple my dubbing speed on tapes, also found a Panasonic VSC tape recorder. it has pitch control and speed control and can really distort the shit out of tapes playback and recording playback, it sounds fuckin cool as hell

Nice. Lately I've been toying around with the thought of getting my own tape deck so I could just really fuck around with making some tapes for myself. Mostly because if I ever start recording music I want to put it on some sort of physical media that isn't just a burned CDr, and a couple of friends and cousins dig cassettes.

I envy like half your collection. Especially bluest of them all and your multiple rarities presses

Been collecting TS stuff since like November, and I am going to have a complete collection real soon. I think there's only one other non label/band person with a complete collection too. 

Nice. Lately I've been toying around with the thought of getting my own tape deck so I could just really fuck around with making some tapes for myself. Mostly because if I ever start recording music I want to put it on some sort of physical media that isn't just a burned CDr, and a couple of friends and cousins dig cassettes.

Yea fuck CDs, I started a tape label half to release my friends music/half to release mine on something cool. Tape decks are good. Especially perfectly functioning once. The VSC mini thing though is really cool, I want to record music using it it gives such a nice crackly tape sound.