The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Pretty sure the pope tape i got you is outta fifty. He said something like "we've still got like half of em for sale" and there seemed to be about twenty give or take in his case.

Also, I've been working on something for a very long time and I can almost share it with you guys. I can't wait. Hint hint, nudge nudge

Pretty sure the pope tape i got you is outta fifty. He said something like "we've still got like half of em for sale" and there seemed to be about twenty give or take in his case.

Also, I've been working on something for a very long time and I can almost share it with you guys. I can't wait. Hint hint, nudge nudge

It appears that now there's a Pope tape for sale through the bandcamp too, which complicates things. That counts as a second pressing, yeah? The B-Side is chopped and screw or, something. It's not the same color either. Comes with a grinder, nudge nudge. I was considering buying that one too even though you so generously provided the first one for me.

It appears that now there's a Pope tape for sale through the bandcamp too, which complicates things. That counts as a second pressing, yeah? The B-Side is chopped and screw or, something. It's not the same color either. Comes with a grinder, nudge nudge. I was considering buying that one too even though you so generously provided the first one for me.

Don't do it, they sound bad. I thought the one I got from their show sounded bad, I guess the ones online do too. 

Where the FUCK did you see pope!? And the ones dubbed at the shows were done by alex himself and he messed up the speed or somethin. He told me when I bought a couple that they sounded off. The new pressing is presumably either done by the guys from Rachel who run paco tapes or the dude from ritual tapes so it should sound better

Where the FUCK did you see pope!? And the ones dubbed at the shows were done by alex himself and he messed up the speed or somethin. He told me when I bought a couple that they sounded off. The new pressing is presumably either done by the guys from Rachel who run paco tapes or the dude from ritual tapes so it should sound better

I saw em here in Cali with Donovan Wolfington and Tawny Peaks! Yeah they sounded off, but I heard some bad shit about the Paco Tapes ones too, and apparently Paco used a duplicator and they sound like shit, Ritual Tapes had nothing to do with the dubbing. Chris was kinda mad about it. 

Edit: According to Facebook Paco Tapes sent the batch I had bought out, because they were the /50 tour copies that they got a day before they hit my date in SoCal. 

I don't know pressing amounts but the days was released

Dads - American Radass is 1st press out of 200. I have the 2nd press and it's green with no pot leaves on it.

That counts as a second pressing, yeah?

I'm not entirely sure what number each pressing is though.

Cassettes are not pressed guys.

I really like your 'source' column, makes the list feel more genuine by knowing the origins of your collection.

You have a sick NAH collection! I only have Otheration but I've been looking for others.

I mostly put it there so I could remember what the sites were so I could go back later for new stuff, I always forget and I don't remember to bookmark much. NAH probably still has a bunch of tapes on his Ranch Records site, the first press of Tapefuck is long gone but the rest should still be there. Also he's selling one under a different name (still on Ranch) called Givv, it's a good deal similar to NAH but it has added rapping.

Cassettes are not pressed guys.

Maybe not, but it's quick and easy vernacular that everyone understands.

Should we say 'made'? That's lame.

'Pressing' = official production of audio-based entertainment vessels

'Dubbing' = some scruffy dudes hunched over a tape deck in a haze of weed smoke

Wait there's a difference in 2014? :P

And in response to the pope stuff, its awesome they made it out to California and that you got to see em. But yeah the copies made by paco tapes are lacking in sound quality. And I bought one of their rachel tapes in June and haven't heard back from them despite shooting them an email in August. I know paco tapes is just the dudes from rachel with a tapedeck but a heads up on delay or unavailability woulda been cool :( this is why i haven't ordered the awesome best buds split. Fear of paco reliability. I'm sure you bought a copy since nouns is on it, did you ever receive it?

Wait there's a difference in 2014? :P

And in response to the pope stuff, its awesome they made it out to California and that you got to see em. But yeah the copies made by paco tapes are lacking in sound quality. And I bought one of their rachel tapes in June and haven't heard back from them despite shooting them an email in August. I know paco tapes is just the dudes from rachel with a tapedeck but a heads up on delay or unavailability woulda been cool :( this is why i haven't ordered the awesome best buds split. Fear of paco reliability. I'm sure you bought a copy since nouns is on it, did you ever receive it?

I ordered a Best Buds 7" along with a Rachel tape about 2 months ago, no word, no delivery. I emailed them wondering when it would arrive, no response. I figure I just lost 10 bucks for no reason, although I've never had an order from a label not go through in some way. I think the longest was from Lauren Records, and even though it took lots of emailing, missing items, items I never ordered, and about 4 months, I did end up getting everything, so hopefully this is the same case.

I will agree, the Pope tape, while I'm glad to have it, doesn't sound amazing. Paco Tapes ain't lookin too good to me right now.

Also waiting on those Thee Oh Sees tapes that recently went up for sale on Under The Gun Records, that was also about two months ago. I know it said pre-order but it never gave a date. Forever waiting with no communication is no fun.

Funeral Sounds, on the other hand, ordered the wrong length tapes for the Still Bummed reissue cassette, and took three minutes of his time to write an email to everybody saying it'd be about a week late and he was footing the bill since it was his mistake. THAT'S how you fucking do it. Why is that hard?

In other news, I've been waiting for this to actually start being for sale for months now.

In regards to the Nouns/Pope split, I had talked to Hunter about it and apparently the dude from Paco Tapes said orders were backed up and they wouldn't be due until August because URP is moving or something (?), but anyways, I don't really hold it as an excuse to be a couple of dudes with a tape deck, because I'm a single dude with a tape deck, and although it took me a while I didn't bother putting preorders up if I'm not going to have them ready. I ordered it when it was first announced and I'm kind of bummed there's no word about it. 

'Dubbing' = some scruffy dudes hunched over a tape deck in a haze of weed smoke

This is pretty much true minus the weed. I sit on the floor literally hunched over my deck, playing League of Legends with everything muted so I don't get weird game effects in your tape orders. Thinking about buying another E-cig again with no nicotine though because my mom and my half brothers that were just born might be moving in with me.