The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Was going to pick this one up with the huge like young order I posted here the other day.

Did you or anybody else happen to pick up the conheartist or lubec tapes from them?

Sooooo gooood

Damn, dude! I'm sorry! How are you going to fix it?

I'm nothing if not stubborn as all hell. It's the master tape I'm dubbing with, it started making a weird screeching sound and wouldn't eject. I had to pry the door open with a fork, then I held down the pinch wheels and inserted a throw-away thrift store tape. It played back and ejected that just fine, I lubed the inner part of the master tapes wheels with tiny drops of vegetable oil on a q-tip and it seems to be working now. I can get another master tape but I'd rather use the same one for this run of tapes so they have a consistent quality. At least I know it's not my deck.

So I'm getting set to release my 3rd cassette on my Solid 7 Records label,   and it is my first 'international' release!  (Me being based in the UK and Mr Astronaut is out in L.A)

ZTAAdvert1750_zps9375a60f.jpg

Zero The Astronaut got in touch with me back in December,  and as soon as I listened to his album I was hooked by the guitar tones alone....    It's kind of something between psych/space/shoegaze/grunge/whatever.    Lots of fx laden clean guitars, synths and organs.   It's pretty cool.    Releasing this Wednesday (25th Feb).

You can stream the album over on  http://soundcloud.com/solid7records

Gotta say I'm REALLY enjoying doing this label.   Had a fantastic response so far,  and have got lots of plans to keep me busy for the months ahead.   Good times.

Progress is being made! Here's a song from the first release I'm doing. It's my friend Davey's project This Is The End Of Everything You Love, and the EP will be called No Comfort At All. If all goes according to plan this will be available next month on limited edition handmade/numbered cassettes and free digitally.

If you're a social media enthusiast I have a Facebook/Twitter set-up which I will keep up to date, but won't bombard you with nonsense.

facebook.com/hotvodkarecords
twitter.com/hotvodkarecords

Brother Cephus - Wounded Hearts 1 & 2 is NOW AVAILABLE to purchase & stream. Limited to /25 red and /25 white tapes. Single tapes are $7, or you can get both variants for only $12. Exclusive shirts are also available in white and red.

Listen to the full album here - http://bit.ly/1Bqv7Ii
Purchase tapes and shirts here - http://bit.ly/1LDOO14

997025_1564851817103821_1664467455010834