The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Buy 'em all up!

Specifically my releases ;)

In fact, screw it, I've made a coupon code for this board specifically. Use code: CC at checkout for a discount on any tapes. Not sure how long I'll keep it active, indefinitely for the time being.

hotvodkarecords.limitedrun.com

If I had the money and time I would. Some of the releases I've seen posted look super cool, but it all seems to be stuff I don't listen to.

If I had the money and time I would. Some of the releases I've seen posted look super cool, but it all seems to be stuff I don't listen to.

Well, here's a reason to give these genres a fair shake B)

What kind of bands do you like? I'm working with a band from Tennessee I think people here will like a lot. TBH I don't even know what are Vinyl-Corelective bands these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey dudes, I haven't dropped in here in a little while! Got some catching up to do.

I just dropped a new boxset, collecting three previously released tapes and a new set of recordings from my own project, White Fir. It's somewhere around the world of folk/noise/drone/modern-classical/field recordings/etc. Side A of the 3rd tape has production and arrangement assistance from Sean McCann so that can probably give you some idea of what at least that tape is like. I've only made 30 of these sets and it's acting as sort of a fundraiser for a lathe project I'm working on. Anyway, you can stream the whole thing at Bandcamp and you can read more on the website and all that. Please do check it out!

CFE55.jpg

P.S. also still have a very small amount of copies left of recent tapes from Asheville folk singer Wes Tirey and Chicago noise/sound-artist Troy Schafer

0xqIXz_thumb.jpggBMriM_thumb.jpg

Friends, the time has come to reveal our new project!

United Cassettes http://unitedcassettes.com/ will serve as a blog, where you can find news about releases from across the globe, interviews with interesting folks, and where we’ll be reviewing cassette releases. Welcome to the Brave New Cassette World!

Phase one is the blog, and here we are, but we are not stopping at this. We’re building a database – an interactive map, listing labels from different corners of the planet. The beta version is looking great, and we can hardly wait to share it with you.

We’re also working on other great features for cassettes labels, the artists they support, and the people who love them. Ultimately, United Cassettes aims to exist as a platform uniting small labels, to stand tall together as an alternative to the current media formula and industry giants. We’ll reveal more in following weeks.

For updates regarding our project, follow us on social media, or subscribe to our newsletter: tinyletter.com/unitedcassettes. Imagine a single newsletter, feeding you everything you need to know about a myriad of different cassette labels, from Portland, to Seoul, to Slovakia; one email in your inbox instead of a thousand, hell yeah! We’re not quite there yet, kids, but wouldn’t it be awesome? Yes, yes it would, and we’ll need your help to make it happen.

Writers, labels, and enthusiasts wishing to get involved can write us at [email protected]For any further information or proposals, follow the same email. We’d love to hear from you!

We will be working hard to bring you much more in following days, weeks, and months. Ladies and gentlemen, this is only the beginning.

Until next time, be well.

Filip

United Cassettes

Awful lot of adverts in the general cassette thread.

Not to say that I dislike anything shared thus far, but if you personally have something to sell, make an independent thread. Right?

One-off releases isn't bothersome, but if someone tries to use this thread to post about all their releases I'll start removing the posts and insisting they create their own dedicated thread.

Lottsa landscape fellas, label/genre master threads are very much welcome and encouraged!