The Original Cassette Collective Thread

https://glassinemusic.bandcamp.com/releases

Any one check this out?

It's all field recordings a guy recorded and pieced together from people playing stuff at guitar center, it's pretty neat

Tapes released by patient sounds

I sent the link to my friend who just got a job there and told him it was his turn to do something similar.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a place to get cassette storage shelves? You know, those wooden units that are typically wall mounted and display the spine of the case.

Thanks!

You can search "Cassette Storage Napa Valley" on eBay and plenty come up, the varying sizes can get expensive with shipping. Some sellers have better prices than others - so shop around. 

Can anyone recommend a place to get cassette storage shelves? You know, those wooden units that are typically wall mounted and display the spine of the case.

Thanks!

I have one of these and for the price you can't beat it

http://mobile.kingdom.com/100-capacity-wooden-cassette-rack-unfinished-wood.html

Congrats! I've been thinking about thinning out some of the tapes I don't listen to often since my room is just literally becoming stacks of tapes all of the place haha

Hook me up with a bunch of cool ones. I'm trying to get rid of my records and just do tapes instead. They take up less room, easier to listen to, and cheap to buy.

We have created a mystery gift/cassette to support our new project United Cassettes. Buy a tape without knowing a title, an author and a label. We will send you a special tape from our collection of new and old cassettes. Go and grab a Mystery Cassette.

First edition limited to 10 copies is brought to you in collaboration with Slovakian label Z Tapes.

https://ztapes.bandcamp.com/merch/mystery-cassette

Thank you for your support!

Filip // Z Tapes & UC Team

We have created a mystery gift/cassette to support our new project United Cassettes. Buy a tape without knowing a title, an author and a label. We will send you a special tape from our collection of new and old cassettes. Go and grab a Mystery Cassette.

First edition limited to 10 copies is brought to you in collaboration with Slovakian label Z Tapes.

https://ztapes.bandcamp.com/merch/mystery-cassette

Thank you for your support!

Filip // Z Tapes & UC Team

Please keep posts like this in your dedicated thread, this thread isn't the catch-all tape news section now that we have our own board ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Like Young Records just posted a ton of tapes that have been sold out for awhile for $4.00

I order a Piglet tape and got shipping conformation in 1min.

Stoked! 

Plus there is a copy of Mongrel up for $8.00.

http://store.likeyoungrecords.com/product/odds-and-ends

Those green gerry tapes are so worth $2. anything else in there that stands out which i may not be familiar with? 

Those green gerry tapes are so worth $2. anything else in there that stands out which i may not be familiar with?

Sunbraids, wet trident, ember wreath, beach boy, conveyor and piglet

I have all of those and think you would dig, this label rules iv gotten a ton of stuff from them idk if I've just gotten lucky but some of my orders have had free tapes with them

Also right there with Ya the green gerry stuff is great

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

Alternatively, you could look for used "Case Logic" cases at thrift stores and yard sales.

I have 7 of the 120 count cases and each have four 30 count bins inside. They also have holes or notches on the backside so you can use them as wall mount display cases.

I just found these two rotating-tower cassette displays at the thrift store this week.. so stoked. They're cheaply made (plastic) but they hold 60+ each and spin nicely and there was actually two of them! $3 each, very happy. Also found a box of 500 soft-poly cassette cases for $3 the same day..... i dream about this stuff usually guys  :blink:

Was catching up on my pile of new tapes today and was completely blown away by the latest Hidden Persuaders cassette. I highly recommend tracking down a copy or listening to the bandcamp if you are even remotely interested in experimental/ambient/drone/noise/synth music. Best album I have heard this year on any format!

listen here:

https://agiantfern.bandcamp.com/album/elegies-and-curses

Sick artwork also!

a0477883663_2.jpg

I found this thread because of a search my friend did (image search) at a bar some months ago.  I noted that I must have this tape, and I just now remembered to secure one (the last one from the label).  There is another one for sale on discogs.  I enjoy Andreas Brandal's work, and had no idea about this specific project of his.  Thanks for posting!  I'm a huge fan of good collage work like this. 

Sunbraids, wet trident, ember wreath, beach boy, conveyor and piglet

I have all of those and think you would dig, this label rules iv gotten a ton of stuff from them idk if I've just gotten lucky but some of my orders have had free tapes with them

Also right there with Ya the green gerry stuff is great

I think all orders come with free tapes.

He posted about it on their Facebook page the other day.

I ordered another Hippo Campus tape for a stocking stuffer and it came with a Wet Trident tape and a Quiet Sun tape.

Both are fucking awesome and I paid a total of $4.50 haha