The Original Cassette Collective Thread

So apparently this is a thing: http://www.discogs.com/MA-Sometimes-We-Have-No-Choice/release/5919990

I'm not big into tapes, but this was my favourite ambient/noise release of 2014 (seriously, Mike Armine can do no wrong).  Crazy limited, nice package... picked one up for $11 from someone in China, maybe they have more?  Keep an eye on that discogs page if you want one I guess.

Damn, I have that one. If it was Ssensselmrof or 4'11 (or whatever, I can never remember what that piece is called) I would have jumped on it.

I actually knew you had the discog tape, I was looking through my stuff for some extras to send when I sent the E!E! and I woulda sent those tapes if I had em.

And as I told Jon from Ronald Records, I'm an honest fellow and wouldn't rip these guys off of $8.99. If anything I'd gift pay them back the funds should I end up with the tape and the refund. I'm not stressing over the money, it's the principal. There's principalities in the whole thing!

Goddammit.

Also I got my Sonic/Basin tape the other day. I wouldn't refer to you as lazy friend :)

Thanks yo glad you dig it!

Haha got the Lopez and sonic4ever/Basin tapes today! One of the sonic/Basin tapes had a slight issue with the printing on the cassette getting caught on the little OOB records insert, but I managed to fix it easily with an xacto knife. Other than that, these cassettes are super nice, you did good Justice.

Can you tell me what happened? I'll put the OOB sticker on the other side of the pokemon card from now on, just would like a little info on what it got caught on

99.9% of my indie tape label stuff hasn't arrived.

Bs2X9Om.jpg

I see boy toy lol

Can you tell me what happened? I'll put the OOB sticker on the other side of the pokemon card from now on, just would like a little info on what it got caught on

The bottom of the "BASIN" text somehow got caught and pulled off by the sticker. It looked like the sticker somehow got wedged under the printing. I just used an xacto knife to peel what got caught on the sticker off, and just pressed it back down onto the cassette.

Got my Washed Out tape in from Sub Pop! They sent it in a huge-ass box filled with packing peanuts, so I'm assuming that's the norm for shipping cassettes, haha. Looks nice and indie, and it's the first run (clear, not white), which is rad.

10898984_1533093876961546_1240602878_n.j

Next step: find a cheap tape deck somewhere, then get that Tides of Man album from Flesh and Bone.

Justice, I will buy one of your cassettes ONLY IF you send me a Mew with my order. Deal?

lmao, nah ive only got the promo mew card from like the 2000 movie and its worth like 10 bucks  B)

The bottom of the "BASIN" text somehow got caught and pulled off by the sticker. It looked like the sticker somehow got wedged under the printing. I just used an xacto knife to peel what got caught on the sticker off, and just pressed it back down onto the cassette.

Ok cool thanks!

Got my Washed Out tape in from Sub Pop! They sent it in a huge-ass box filled with packing peanuts, so I'm assuming that's the norm for shipping cassettes, haha. Looks nice and indie, and it's the first run (clear, not white), which is rad.

lol nah, i usually use really small bubblemailers, or if theres two tapes, i use a CD mailer, that box thing is weird, but most people aint got the money/time to spend on packing peanuts and big boxes. big label benefits 

Next step: find a cheap tape deck somewhere, then get that Tides of Man album from Flesh and Bone.

Got mine in on Saturday and it was in that box box too. That is so out of the norm. The box could have seriously fit 12 cassettes. I hardly ever get them in anything other than a padded envelope

My collection (minus all the shitty live recordings I did)

Waiting on the following to come in the mail:

Black Hampshire | Two Trains | First | 100 

Parkway & Columbia | Onward | First | Clear & Black | 50

Black Small Parks | Meet Me In Cognito | First | 100

Summerpunx | Summerpunx | First | Clear Green | 50

The Right Stuff | Demo I + II CS | First | 100

Tiger! Tiger! / The Fever Haze | Split | First | White | 100

MNcSKPz.jpg?2