SCAMMER PLEASE READ! - WTB: Records + Test Presses (Many Genres)(Lots of Man Overboard)

Thundrstruckk

This is what happens when we let the teenage CoCa fanboy (the guy wearing all the merch at their show that we absolutely abhor) have daddy's credit card. I doubt his job at Domino's is going to cover everyone's money, time, records and frustration.

Hey don't drag St Claud's name into this! Haha

Just got this email from him

Rob,

I will be getting paid on Friday. I will be working to pay everyone back that I screwed over. Could you help me compile a list of everyone who wants their records back, and who wants money? I can't access VC anymore. I might have been IP blocked. Please let me know, I am aiming to have all of the records out tomorrow to the people that want them back.

Chris

He has not been blocked nor has his account been flagged. We decided to wait and see how this unfolds before we bounce his ass for good. He disabled his messaging himself. Hopefully that @ I shot him on Twitter shook him up a bit. I'm not fucking around about those police reports.

9mhyjyby.png

When an individual commits the crime of false pretenses, they misrepresent a fact in order to acquire someone else’s property. Obtaining property through false pretenses is a crime, punishable in most states by fines and imprisonment. While state laws vary in defining this crime, the general idea is the same: to be found guilty of false pretenses, the prosecutor must show that the individual acquired the property at issue by intentionally misstating a fact. This means that if an individual obtains another’s property by stating a fact that they mistakenly believe to be true, they have not committed the crime of false pretenses. Depending on the state statute, the property acquired by false pretenses can include tangible property, like a car or house, and intangible property, such as information that has been obtained.

Even more fucked he's doing this just now after he's gotten 27 positive feedback and has roughly half a thousand posts. It really sketches me out and makes me question using feedback for validity.

The feedback system obviously isn't a 100% perfect system when it comes to avoiding scammers, but it is definitely beneficial to the buy/sell/trade community, and it's the best option for a site like this.  It's not often that this happens.

Just read this thread. Really fucked up. The few of you I know don't deserve this. No one does. But you all are good dudes who try to help others out. So fuck him. Hope it all works out.

Something stuck out to me:

He hasn't been completely clear about what he did except using Paypal funds he didn't have (or some bullshit)

and his dad wasn't aware he had a credit card

I'm betting he stole someone's card or some shit and that person issued the chargebacks

Just read this thread. Really fucked up. The few of you I know don't deserve this. No one does. But you all are good dudes who try to help others out. So fuck him. Hope it all works out.

Something stuck out to me:

He hasn't been completely clear about what he did except using Paypal funds he didn't have (or some bullshit)

and his dad wasn't aware he had a credit card

I'm betting he stole someone's card or some shit and that person issued the chargebacks

holy, what if you're right? then this just got so much more complicated because its involving someone else who literally has no idea what's going on

I just read every post in this thread, and it does kind of seem more like a stolen credit card thing. I didn't even know you could use Paypal with no balance to purchase things unless he somehow got that Paypal credit thing or something? But it does seem like maybe he used someone else's card and their bank started cancelling the transactions. So he nor they probably really know what's going on on either end. I don't know where this leaves you all but I would assume you'd get your money back once Paypal sorts it and hopefully the kid's dad who is hopefully a far better person sees to it that you all get your records back as well. He knows the situation and that you all have their address and phone number so I'd assume he wouldn't want any trouble that he knows could come of this.

I guess this is my longwinded way of saying I hope this shit gets sorted for everyone. I lose my shit when a record doesn't show up when it's supposed to or if I get charged twice for something so I can't even imagine what you guys are dealing with when it comes to $100+ transactions. I sincerely hope this kid is learning a lesson but who knows.