NO IDEA GRAB BAG FRENZY LP!

vardcore

ATTENTION HOLIDAY SHOPPERS / CHEAPSKATES!

We've got LP GRAB BAGS, 7" GRAB BAGS, CD GRAB BAGS, and POSTER GRAB BAGS available for a limited time!

This incredible deal ends MONDAY, December 1st at Noon EST (or while supplies last!!)

www.noidearecords.com

Here's the details:

LP VINYL GRAB BAG FRENZY!!!

• FIVE randomly selected 12" records for $20.00!

What finer way to spend a day than by digging through a festive stack of music archives! There be none, I say! Do you feel a sense of adventure in ye loins (or perhaps the loins of a neighbor ye fancy)? Gift thy object of ye affection with a mysterious selection of noises! Only the finest shall do! This will be a random selection chosen, well, randomly!

CD GRAB BAG FRENZY!!!

• TEN randomly selected CDs for $10!

* We will not intentionally give ye duplicates if ye order multiples, unless ye specify that ye be orderin' for more than one person (as gifts, stocking stuffers, etc.). Go ahead, challenge us! Order 20 Grab Bags and see if we can give ye 200 different CDs, haha! If we fail, we'll give ye a sea-worthy test pressing. How's them kippers, matey?

THESE MAKE REALLY GREAT GIFTS!!

7" VINYL GRAB BAG FRENZY!!!

• FIVE randomly selected 7" records for $10!

What finer way to spend a day than by digging through a festive stack of music archives! There be none, I say! Do you feel a sense of adventure in ye loins (or perhaps the loins of a neighbor ye fancy)? Gift thy object of ye affection with a mysterious selection of noises! Only the finest shall do! This will be a random selection chosen, well, randomly!

POSTER GRAB BAG FRENZY!!!

• FIVE randomly selected posters for $1!

YES, your dreams HAVE come true! Your bare walls are a thing of the past with this exciting, enticing, delicious NEW OFFER from your (alleged) friends in the GRAB BAG FRENZY department annex at NO IDEA MAILORDER SMALL MAMMALS, INC. Not only will we mail a sack of INTENSELY AMAZING and potentially perplexing PAPER OBJECTS WITH PRINTING ON THEM (often pretty pictures too), we will INCLUDE nearly FREE OF CHARGE several many VINYL STICKERS WITH (mostly) BAND NAMES AND LOGOS printed upon their vinyl-y vinyl surfaces! Seriously, what are you waiting for?!? Order 30! Give them to friends! I know it's getting earlier every year, but WHY NOT BEAT THE HOLIDAY RUSH (and be a total cheapskate while you're at it) and GIFT THESE THINGS TO EVERYONE?!? Think about it! Unasked questions answered! Solved problems unsolved!

But seriously, if you were thinking of wallpapering your room with "Disco Before the Breakdown" posters, this is your BIG CHANCE. In fact, you can even request that ALL we send you is "Disco Before the Breakdown" posters* and we would be totally happy with that. Think about it. You could order 50 Grab Bags and ask (politely of course) to recieve ALL "Disco Before the Breakdown" posters. That would be right at 650 SQUARE FEET of "Disco Before the Breakdown" posters. That should cover some walls. Yeah? "Disco Before the Breakdown" breakfast nook?

IMAGINATE THE NEARLY INCONTINENT VISION OF HOW ABSOLUTELY AMAZING YOUR HOUSE / HOME / HOVEL WILL (soon) BE! **

* We will not accept any other requests for specific posters. It's either random or all "Disco Before the Breakdown" posters. Your call.

** It's not me, it's you.

Have The Tim Version LP's shipped yet?

The pressing plant did not ship them yesterday because they pressed them all and then discovered that they all had a nasty scratch and they are re-pressing them today. Allegedly. At least they did not ship them to us messed up. Of course, they also did not ship them to us in September, or October. Of course at this rate it will not be November either. Basically, abandon all hope if you press records in Nashville.

The pressing plant did not ship them yesterday because they pressed them all and then discovered that they all had a nasty scratch and they are re-pressing them today. Allegedly. At least they did not ship them to us messed up. Of course, they also did not ship them to us in September, or October. Of course at this rate it will not be November either. Basically, abandon all hope if you press records in Nashville.

Thanks for the update, Var! I am super glad you guys send out mp3s on/before release day now so folks can still listen despite these unavoidable delays!

I "tried" an order for the LPs and the 7" to Germany and your system said .. over US$ 60 for shipping .. there's something wrong in paradise .. Gisbert ..  :wacko:

did you try a generic order for 5 separate LPs and 5 separate 7"? What does that come up as? I will check into it too...

did you try a generic order for 5 separate LPs and 5 separate 7"? What does that come up as? I will check into it too...

Looks like both USPS.com and our cart are in agreement that RECORDS ARE JUST EXPENSIVE TO SHIP OVERSEAS, especially when the box goes over four pounds in weight.

Maybe it's better to go in with a friend and order more stuff at once? Or maybe that creates problems at customs? I dunno.

Looks like both USPS.com and our cart are in agreement that RECORDS ARE JUST EXPENSIVE TO SHIP OVERSEAS, especially when the box goes over four pounds in weight.

Maybe it's better to go in with a friend and order more stuff at once? Or maybe that creates problems at customs? I dunno.

Hola Var, but when you sent me the HWM Fuel records a few days ago (the regular and test pressings) that were 4 LPs on 180 gr. vinyl + one 7" .. the shipping costs were something about US$ 26 .. it seems impossible that when you add one more LP and a few 7"s the costs have more than doubled ..  :huh:

To those complaining about shipping: Var doesn't make the rates, nor has No Idea ever over charged for shipping. I live in Canada and shipping on a 12" grab bag is nearly $30. Hell, I can drive to Gainesville in 20 hours. Fact is, shipping is expensive these days, and when you get companies like DHL involved the prices go up significantly.

Like a lot of you, I'm really curbed my spending on vinyl both because I'm older now and have bigger responsibilities. But for the most part, I've stopped buying vinyl from the states and over seas because the shipping costs usually out weigh the product costs.

To those complaining about shipping: Var doesn't make the rates, nor has No Idea ever over charged for shipping.

This is no accusation or offence to Var or No Idea Records, but I think that there is an error in the system .. Var is the coolest guy in the record industry. I just think if he brings a packed parcel with 5 LPs and 5 7"s to the post office, they don't take more than US$ 30 for shipping to Europe .. and that's expensive enough.

PS .. I just dived deep into my garbage can .. it was exactly US$ 29,70 for 4 180gr. vinyl LPs and one single

This is no accusation or offence to Var or No Idea Records, but I think that there is an error in the system .. Var is the coolest guy in the record industry. I just think if he brings a packed parcel with 5 LPs and 5 7"s to the post office, they don't take more than US$ 30 for shipping to Europe .. and that's expensive enough

Contrary to what you think, shipping 5 LPs and 5 7''s to Europe will be way more than $30. The thing you need to understand is that everything over 4 pounds HAS to be shipped priority international, which is way more expensive.

Hola Var, but when you sent me the HWM Fuel records a few days ago (the regular and test pressings) that were 4 LPs on 180 gr. vinyl + one 7" .. the shipping costs were something about US$ 26 .. it seems impossible that when you add one more LP and a few 7"s the costs have more than doubled ..  :huh:

When overseas packages go OVER four pounds in weight, the costs go WAY UP. I have no clue why, they just do. Do some research, you will see that this is true.

That said, we will be back in the shop on Monday and I will run some "test boxes" to check the rates and report back. Technology does glitch out too. Unfortunately, the sale will likely be over by then. All I can say is that IF the shipping is way off, we will issue refunds for the differnce... so... order if you like and roll the dice. We are always fair, as you know. Just please, no complaining to Matt, he will have a very busy week already, haha!