PO 12/3 @ 1pm - Goldfinger S/T, pressed by SRC

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

My black copy showed up today.  It looks great.  Very black.  It's almost like.. there's an absence of color.  Very dark.  Probably about as dark as it can be..  

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none..  None more black.  

Wow, that lavendar looks might nice.  Almost wish I'd gotten that instead of the black (which appears to be sold out now).

Does the cover art look a little blurry to anyone else?  Like they just took the CD cover and blew it up.  Kinda lame, but I'm stoked to have this, and am keeping my fingers crossed Hang-Ups is in the pipeline.

Wow, that lavendar looks might nice.  Almost wish I'd gotten that instead of the black (which appears to be sold out now).

Does the cover art look a little blurry to anyone else?  Like they just took the CD cover and blew it up.  Kinda lame, but I'm stoked to have this, and am keeping my fingers crossed Hang-Ups is in the pipeline.

I would love for them to do Hang-ups! That's my favourite one.

Yeah, just got mine and the cover and insert look low resolution, as if the CD cover art was just scanned in and enlarged in Photoshop or something.  Strangely, the back cover does not look like this.

I have also noticed this on my copy of Toadies "Rubbernuck" put out by MOV.  Bummer.

Yeah, just got mine and the cover and insert look low resolution, as if the CD cover art was just scanned in and enlarged in Photoshop or something. Strangely, the back cover does not look like this.

I have also noticed this on my copy of Toadies "Rubbernuck" put out by MOV. Bummer.

This is now and will probably continue to be the case with these 90's releases that were never originally pressed to vinyl.

1: the artwork resolution just had to be crisp enough for CD sized print

2: some of these titles' original artwork is long gone simply due to labels not keeping up with something they assumed they had no use for

3: a lot of these LPs are being sourced from digital masters because they were recorded digitally to begin with and only mastered for CD. (the vinyl pressing is silly and loses the essence of what an LP should even sound like at this point.....)

When Alkaline Trio's self-titled collection finally got pressed I remember Virgil posting that they couldn't find the original image of the cassette on the cover so they just left it tiny on the cover instead of blowing it up and having it all fuzzy looking.

3: a lot of these LPs are being sourced from digital masters because they were recorded digitally to begin with and only mastered for CD. (the vinyl pressing is silly and loses the essence of what an LP should even sound like at this point.....)

OK, I've played this album through a couple times now and i have to say i'm disappointed with it.

The sound is just... lackluster. There's not a lot of definition. 

Ugh. I'll likely not play it much, if at all.

• 3 weeks later...