Jett Plastic Recordings

• 1 month later...

Posted this in a Reddit thread, I'll post it here too for some clarification. Sorry for the confusion re: The Pizza Underground!

Yeah, because of the Record Store Day exclusivity happening late in the game (the records were already pressed and the colored variants were already limited, I didn't change any pressing numbers), I wasn't able to sell the full release online. With the bad comes the good, though, as it opened up the record to a ton of stores that wouldn't get in copies. We did sell a handful of leftover stock via an announced website sale through our newsletter, but we didn't have enough to fully go around, so a public sale was never formally announced. 

A couple words of advice on this record.

- Be sure to quote posts from him...because he often deletes things (see above blank posts for example.)

- If something sells out...don't be surprised if there is still more.  Previous releases have sold out on multiple occasions and then more just happen to show up (sometimes with higher prices.)

A couple words of advice on this record.

- Be sure to quote posts from him...because he often deletes things (see above blank posts for example.)

- If something sells out...don't be surprised if there is still more.  Previous releases have sold out on multiple occasions and then more just happen to show up (sometimes with higher prices.)

Hey, STD_Ben-
a ) I only deleted that first post because it contained inaccurate and old information on the distribution of the record. Sorry this confused you, but maybe you should've read it before downvoting. You're probably not that smart, though, so I'll give you a pass on that one.
b ) I sometimes throw up 2-3 copies of an old release during a sale so new fans of the label can grab up some copies of records they didn't have the chance to get when they went up. Don't think I gouge customers with pricing, but everyone surely is entitled to an opinion! Pretty sure tons of labels keep stock on releases, but it's not like I'm keeping boxes of stock in my basement like they're doing with Deja Entendu or the Newbury releases (how long into you break into their label HQ and snag a box of those to flip?) Why don't you speak out against other labels like Grimtale Records (and others) that put up stock for sale after it's 'sold out', albeit at a premium price? Oh, it's probably because you want to kiss his ass. Anyways, nice work on your quick and witty reply. Bye, Snookums!

If you still have copies of something then it isn't sold out.....

There is a Newbury thread where we talk about that quiet a bit.

Don't think there is a Grimtale thread on here....but I wouldn't know as I don't buy most of his stuff anymore.

Surprising you wouldn't know if there was a Grimtale thread here, as you certainly give the impression of knowing everything about everything. But hey, we're just mere supplicants to your superior morality. If my reasoning (which is also shared by other labels big and small) doesn't fit into your world view, I guess I'm just going to have to live with that.

Hey guys. chilllllllllll.

STL-Ben: Jett sold some records that didn't get distributed. They were gone pretty much instantly. I do think the colored variants were a little excessively priced, but that's just, like, my opinion man. I bought a standard black one for $15 which is just about what I expected it to go for in store (though it often sold at $9).

Jett: You did markup the records. Whatever, they were yours to sell as you pleased. No judgment. This release would still have been impossible to track down if they all had MSRP set at $30. People say STL_Ben flips records. Whatever, they're his to sell. Same premise. I don't condone flipping records in any format (as with Ben or with your PU recs), but I do sometimes support flippers as a last ditch effort to get what I want.

So, let's don't go textually attacking each other, let's just chiiiiillllllll.

the hobby ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to snag a black one from Jett Pack the next day for like $15 plus shipping. I really wanted that purple one though. That purple was the bee's knees. Either way, I have at least one version every PU release. I don't know what that means or what to make of that fact, but it is indeed a fact. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to get a pepperoni variant of the Pizza Underground RSD release from TTL's leftovers. It also included the signed insert.

I'm a bit confused on the pressing info though. I've read here there are 26 of each of the two colored variants and 500 black. Your site says 30 pepperoni, 30 mozzarella, and 600 black. I've also read about a purple variant, but can't find any info about this on the site. Were there 26 signed inserts for pep and moz?

Any chance you could shed some light on the correct counts?

I was lucky enough to get a pepperoni variant of the Pizza Underground RSD release from TTL's leftovers. It also included the signed insert.

I'm a bit confused on the pressing info though. I've read here there are 26 of each of the two colored variants and 500 black. Your site says 30 pepperoni, 30 mozzarella, and 600 black. I've also read about a purple variant, but can't find any info about this on the site. Were there 26 signed inserts for pep and moz?

26 of each of the colored copies were randomly distributed throughout the entire run that was sent to URP. 4 of each color were sold on my site a few days later, making it 30 total copies each. URP got 500 black vinyl copies, but the total pressing run was 600. The band got some, a few were sold on the site, and some were brought into the record store I was set up at on RSD to sell. I think half of the pepperoni/mozzarella records (out of the 52) have the signed insert in them, too. The purple vinyl had an alternate cover and was mainly meant for friends, the band, and people who helped out with the release. I think there were only 25 of them, and I saw that someone added it on Discogs.

26 of each of the colored copies were randomly distributed throughout the entire run that was sent to URP. 4 of each color were sold on my site a few days later, making it 30 total copies each. URP got 500 black vinyl copies, but the total pressing run was 600. The band got some, a few were sold on the site, and some were brought into the record store I was set up at on RSD to sell. I think half of the pepperoni/mozzarella records (out of the 52) have the signed insert in them, too. The purple vinyl had an alternate cover and was mainly meant for friends, the band, and people who helped out with the release. I think there were only 25 of them, and I saw that someone added it on Discogs.

Thanks for the clarification!

I got the pepperoni variant too. No signed insert though. Doesn't really bother me. Never been into autographs really

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Jack White wrote the tune 'Bone Broke' for Rocket 455 but the band never released it, leading Jack to record it with the White Stripes for the 'Icky Thump' album. Rocket's original recording is finally being released on 7" with a few exclusive variants..up now at www.jettplasticrecordings.com

Edited by Jettkoral