ShopRadioCast - can you add items to your order after you've already paid?

This isn't entirely true.  I would honestly have more respect for SRC if such threads were never deleted/locked/modded.  But I don't want the forums overflowing with bullshit complaints either, hence my suggestion.  Like I said, I've seen it work and work well.

I think the lesson of this whole debate is the only one at fault is SRC for having shitty customer service. If they were simply a better company the forums wouldn't be overflowing with complaints (which aren't bullshit).

This isn't entirely true.  I would honestly have more respect for SRC if such threads were never deleted/locked/modded.  But I don't want the forums overflowing with bullshit complaints either, hence my suggestion.  Like I said, I've seen it work and work well.

it's true because every new release thread they make would end up moved to that board as soon as SRC doesn't answer an email or delay the record for 10 months.

It's not that you guys can't, you just have to realize that A) you have no need to defend yourselves (you're right in thinking that it's a huge MINORITY that have beef with you guys...) and B ) you're only making it worse by getting into it with them.

exactly. i really don't have problems with the mods. i'm stating my confusion at why they constantly get into arguments with people who have legitimate complaints. by definition, moderators should MODERATE. not choose sides. the idea that only a few people have complaints about SRC is ridiculous. This board is full of complaints. If the mods are sick of them, they should probably stop moderating here. They're not going to stop until SRC stops being shady as hell. All I can do is share my experiences as they are. If I can let a new member know what they might be in for, I'd be an asshole not to.

What I don't understand is that when I first joined here, people were constantly shitting on RFC's customer service. That was fair game apparently?

But what's also interesting is how RFC took the comments and criticism and fixed all of the customer service issues. Now they are booming with success.

What I don't understand is that when I first joined here, people were constantly shitting on RFC's customer service. That was fair game apparently?

But what's also interesting is how RFC took the comments and criticism and fixed all of the customer service issues. Now they are booming with success.

cause SRC runs this board.

Why is it so bad to complain about a company's really shitty customer service all of a sudden? As I posted in the Brand New thread...

image.jpg

Really awesome to know that they swear to their customers and that they are selling already damaged records above retail price without notifying anybody who bought them that they already were damaged.

Yo what the actual fuck? Is that real?

Dreamover, yes... there are a lot of complaints, but to be fair you (and a few other people) are the most vocal.  And tend to be the ones who are invested in carrying on...

i stick up for newer members when older members and mods shut them down.

i also complained early this year when SRC/mods got into a huge argument with me about how they've never had a delay or not answered emails. then the record i ordered from them this year had a 10-month delay and NO updates. so yeah, i'm a little sour at how fucking shitty that was.

Well yes that's the obvious answer, but everyone keeps saying it isn't because they own it. What I'm trying to compare is how people complain about other labels and it's all fine and dandy. The powers at be act like SRC is the only label that gets people upset.

you're absolutely right. it's a double standard.

The problem that some don't get including Daegor is that people have LEGITIMATE complaints about SRC. And it doesn't help when a mod I.E. Jared(Rambo) comes on here and makes light of the situation. Like Dreamover said, the mods should be impartial. If SRC had better service these complaints on THEIR board wouldn't happen. 

Oh I get it, I do.  I have legitimate complaints about SRC myself.

And I agree that Mods should stay out of it, I said so myself several times.

But you want to know the fastest way to be ignored?  Derailing threads.  This discussion has nothing to do with the OP (and yes, I realize I am participating too...  but at least I actually answered the question, and to be fair Dreamover did too in the middle of his SRC bashing)

And it shows man.  If you want to make momentum in your crusade elevate your arguments.  Dragging the same issues through the mud repeatedly doesn't offer any credibility to your claims.

agree to disagree. that's not how things work. this isn't the only shitty situation i've had with them, but sending out a product 10 months late without any word and ignoring emails isn't exactly "making it right". i don't bring it up just to bring it up, i bring it up because it is relevant to other people's experience and one situation in a pattern of awful business practices that aren't slowing down anytime soon.

agree to disagree.

Yup.  And while we're on the Dreamover hate train I want to say that while you complain a lot I do think you're a good dude and I like your label (and it has GOOD customer service ;) )

that's not how things work. this isn't the only shitty situation i've had with them, but sending out a product 10 months late without any word and ignoring emails isn't exactly "making it right". i don't bring it up just to bring it up, i bring it up because it is relevant to other people's experience and one situation in a pattern of awful business practices that aren't slowing down anytime soon.

I guess my point is while it is "relevant to other people's experience" it has nothing to do with this thread.  Your post with 'full and fuller disclosure' was relevant and all that was required to make your point.

/drama

In b4 the lock

In all seriousness though, when SRC first started they were awesome about combining orders. I hadn't shopped with them for a long while due to reasons everyone else has posted in this thread.

Most recently though I ordered something last month and wanted to grab something else with it so I emailed them about adding it to the order. 2 weeks later they shipped the order and then responded that it already shipped and they couldn't add to it. All good though I just bought the other item elsewhere.

Conclusion: it's hit or miss. Being the time of year it is they're probably too busy to manually add to your current order. Maybe if it were a slow time of year they'd do it though

Locking threads regarding SRC is definitely not cool. Being 'tired of hearing about it' or whatever, is not a reason to not let allow people to talk about something that is incredibly relevant to this message board, especially when no line of communication can be opened between the customer and business. The fact is, SRC sucks for a myriad of reasons. Even without the direct affiliation to Mightier than Sword, SRC very literally is MTS part two. SRC is what is bad about the 'vinyl boom'. It's a very weak attempt at cashing in on nostalgia and trends and it's incredibly obvious. This isn't even taking into consideration how little of a shit they give about their customers, which is even worse than being the Wal-Mart of record labels. 

No offense to the mods, but please stop doing this. When my company was constantly under scrutiny here no threads were ever locked or deleted, and I never ignored all the negative posts because in the end it I grew from it personally and my business benefited from it greatly. When Mightier Than Sword stole a few hundred thousand dollars from nearly everyone on this message board, threads were not locked or deleted. People needed to know how bad MTS was fucking people over. It shouldn't matter if SRC were naive enough to buy this message board and still completely blow it as a company. You can't get mad about what people are saying when you're giving them a direct line to discuss your business and you're consistently and carelessly fucking things up.