ShopRadioCast Appreciation Thread

Well, i ordered a record two months prior to street release date. Got it over a month later, only for it to be the repress. So they sold it stating it was one color, and sent the repress because they oversold and couldnt be bothered to change the listing and/or letting me know if I still wanted it. Scumbags.

Well, i ordered a record two months prior to street release date. Got it over a month later, only for it to be the repress. So they sold it stating it was one color, and sent the repress because they oversold and couldnt be bothered to change the listing and/or letting me know if I still wanted it. Scumbags.

As Tall As Lions, right? This happened to my friend, and they basically told him to suck it up.

Jenna even went above and beyond for me by selling a transition color copy of You'd Prefer an Astronaut /10 for regular cost.

Holy shit, are they tracking and hyping transition color copies of their records? That's some serious "the hobby" level bull right there.

Holy shit, are they tracking and hyping transition color copies of their records? That's some serious "the hobby" level bull right there.

My thoughts exactly.  I mean, there's the odd time where the transition comes out super cool where I get it, but 99 times out of 100 it's pure bullshit.

Like, I'm not sure what the story is behind the Beloved - Failure on pressing from Broken Circles, but I feel like it's one of the few times where tracking each variant that transpired due to the manufacturing process makes sense (look at what came out versus what was planned):

http://www.discogs.com/Beloved-US-Failure-On/release/4504452

My thoughts exactly.  I mean, there's the odd time where the transition comes out super cool where I get it, but 99 times out of 100 it's pure bullshit.

Like, I'm not sure what the story is behind the Beloved - Failure on pressing from Broken Circles, but I feel like it's one of the few times where tracking each variant that transpired due to the manufacturing process makes sense (look at what came out versus what was planned):

http://www.discogs.com/Beloved-US-Failure-On/release/4504452

The record was ordered as four distinct colors and the plant fucked up and pressed 1000 random colors from dark green to gold. BC did their best to go through each record and choose cariants for them.

I've ordered 10+ records from them and never had a problem, sorry for you guys you have had issues

Not so much an appreciation for them but glad they're doing their job (for me at least)

From what I can tell, the "good customer service" is not really that random.  If you order a record that they actually have in stock, they will typically ship it to you.  No issues!  If, however, 1) you need to make a change to an order, 2) something you've ordered is not yet available, 3) they have oversold an item, 4) you placed a pre-order or 5) God forbid you actually want to talk to them, this is when the customer service experiences start to get dicey.  

If you're curious, or just bored, try calling their customer service number.  It's 888-747-3899.  

Got my shipping confirmation email from SRC today for the records they told me had already shipped last week when I tried to cancel my order.  Original cancelation request sent on 11/28, second request sent on 12/1, third "follow-up" email sent 12/4, first (and only) response from Danny sent on 12/5, shipping confirmation sent on 12/9.  Yeah, I guess it was too late to cancel. 

Not defending SRC but I dealt with the same thing with Mondo recently. Sent them three separate emails and nessages in the last two weeks requesting an order to be cancelled. Sure enough no responses and today I got a shopping notice email for that item. Ugh.

That sucks, Juan.  Unfortunately, these issues are definitely not unique to SRC.    

The thing that bothers me is that SRC used to utilize their phone lines. Everything was smoother then. My first ever order with them was the Your Favourite Weapon repress back in 2011. I accidentally ordered the CD rather than the vinyl, so I emailed them about switching it.  The following day, I got a call from a Canadian phone number and it was SRC calling about my order.  I'm pretty sure I spoke with Danny & he said he could refund the order and I could place it again with the correct version of the album that I wanted.  Super simple.