Yeah, i've listened but I'm not sure why everyone is all up in arms. It's entertaining but i'm not enchanted by it like everyone seems to be.

I think we as humans want things to make sense, I'm currently not in any camp in terms of guilt or innocence but what the prosecutors say happened couldn't of happened and IDK stuff like that is fascinating to me. 

I'm with you or he knows who did it. The story he told cops is complete horse shit. 

Just the way he was so calm on the stand when the defense attorney was cross-examining him; dude comes off like a straight sociopath, just purely emotionless.

The whole Best Buy/payphone thing is also fucking crazy to me. How would the police have not checked that out? Like, dude just straight-up fabricated a huge part of his confession!

Just the way he was so calm on the stand when the defense attorney was cross-examining him; dude comes off like a straight sociopath, just purely emotionless.

The whole Best Buy/payphone thing is also fucking crazy to me. How would the police have not checked that out? Like, dude just straight-up fabricated a huge part of his confession!

It's insane, his confession is so specific to facts that were never followed up and he easily could have had a reason to lie about. Like for instance that they used his shovels to bury her and why bother having him draw a map of best buy? Isn't Best Buy technically the scene of the crime?

This show is really good, but it's going to suffer from True Detective syndrome. Everyone gets super into and starts coming up with all these crazy theories only to be upset that there's no revolutionary and mind-blowing plot twist at the end.

I get that but this is also people's real lives so it makes it easier to accept IMO. 

The whole case seems crazy to me. How could they not have tested all of the items found around the body for DNA? The whole investigation and trial seems like it was botched. Doesn't mean he didn't actually do the crime. Who else and why?

Dan the new boyfriend? I feel like at the very least Jay has to be involved he knew where the car was ditched. 

Edit: Don not Dan.

The whole case seems crazy to me. How could they not have tested all of the items found around the body for DNA? The whole investigation and trial seems like it was botched. Doesn't mean he didn't actually do the crime. Who else and why?

I read an article that sort of addressed this. Basically it was saying that Serial was investigating all of the leads and everything, but not really taking a look at the state of the Baltimore PD at this time, which was apparently pretty shitty so it's not that surprising that an investigation was half-assed.

Yeah, i've listened but I'm not sure why everyone is all up in arms. It's entertaining but i'm not enchanted by it like everyone seems to be.

I agree. I just finished the 1st episode and don't really get what the fuss is about. Maybe I need to listen to a few more episodes, I could just be jaded because the last 7 years of my podcast listening has been primarily fueled by dick and fart jokes.