shame she's gone back and forth on what happened for a 3rd time

I thought the same thing but it sounds like she wrote the letters, they didn't use them at trial and then in 2010 when Adnan's legal team contacted her she got scared and call Kevin Urick the prosecutor. Urick was retired and told her that the case against him was strong and that she shouldn't be involved, so she said she wanted nothing to do with it. 

Now she feels differently and Urick looks to have done something highly improper as he wasn't working for the state at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Hae was killed by a drug dealer or something like that, and that person was connected to Jay somehow. I also think Jen has A LOT more involvement in this thing than she's letting on. Nothing really compels me to think that Adnan did it, especially when you look at it from the State's version of things.

I think there is enough reasonable doubt to get Adnan out of prison. However, after hearing the detectives say that they know Adnan did it without a doubt makes me really question his innocence. Good cops usually know what's up. These aren't some rookie gumshoe detectives. These are men with years of dealing with things like this day-in and day-out. So yea there are a lot of inconsistencies in this case. Enough to not prove Adnon's guilt. Of all of the people interviewed, I feel like the detectives offer the most professional outlook on the case. But since they didn't offer any real interviews they were kind of over looked.

I think there is enough reasonable doubt to get Adnan out of prison. However, after hearing the detectives say that they know Adnan did it without a doubt makes me really question his innocence. Good cops usually know what's up. These aren't some rookie gumshoe detectives. These are men with years of dealing with things like this day-in and day-out. So yea there are a lot of inconsistencies in this case. Enough to not prove Adnon's guilt. Of all of the people interviewed, I feel like the detectives offer the most professional outlook on the case. But since they didn't offer any real interviews they were kind of over looked.

HAVE YOU SEEN THE WIRE???

So okay I lurk the subreddit about serial and I don't see much in the way of good alt. theories of what happened. It has lead me to some interesting stuff but last night someone posted this: http://www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/comments/2vpkor/get_out_your_knives_i_may_have_just_figured_out/

I thought it was an interesting Idea and added the below:

Since this is speculation, I'd like to build off your idea a little but. I agree with most that it is hard to Jay as the primary Perp. If we assume it was a 3rd party for a moment I have thought/theory.
What If Hae in her time with Adnan or anyone else saw something that she wasn't supposed to see?
A drug deal gone bad, a murder, anything that a higher up drug boss might decide that she needs to be taken out. They press Jay but he doesn't want to do it, so they have a hit man or somebody else do the deed but Jay must be involved as bait or help or something.
IDK how it would work but one of the things that has always bothered me is how little evidence Adnan left behind of his own crime. For a first time murder, the dude cleaned up the crime scene well IMO.
For me the whole thing makes ZERO sense and sadly we will most likely never know what happened. I'm on no ones side as to who did it, I just want to know the truth of what happened.

What does VC think? 

So okay I lurk the subreddit about serial and I don't see much in the way of good alt. theories of what happened. It has lead me to some interesting stuff but last night someone posted this: http://www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/comments/2vpkor/get_out_your_knives_i_may_have_just_figured_out/

I thought it was an interesting Idea and added the below:

Since this is speculation, I'd like to build off your idea a little but. I agree with most that it is hard to Jay as the primary Perp. If we assume it was a 3rd party for a moment I have thought/theory.
What If Hae in her time with Adnan or anyone else saw something that she wasn't supposed to see?
A drug deal gone bad, a murder, anything that a higher up drug boss might decide that she needs to be taken out. They press Jay but he doesn't want to do it, so they have a hit man or somebody else do the deed but Jay must be involved as bait or help or something.
IDK how it would work but one of the things that has always bothered me is how little evidence Adnan left behind of his own crime. For a first time murder, the dude cleaned up the crime scene well IMO.
For me the whole thing makes ZERO sense and sadly we will most likely never know what happened. I'm on no ones side as to who did it, I just want to know the truth of what happened.

What does VC think? 

I totally agree. I think Hae just got caught up in some sketchy shit and, unfortunately, ended up a victim.