Brand New - Daisy LP green vinyl Hot Topic exclusive

travis

Really hoping I don't get a refund on this, I don't own the album yet, and was just about to get a black copy, but I love me some colour variants.

I just ordered 3 copies for myself and two other people. That was my way around the atrociously high shipping rate to Canada, split it with friends. Now, please be in stock!

Not that it really matters at all, but I was bored and noticed some differences in the green pressing and the 180 gram black. Maybe somebody will use this info. on Discogs or whatever. Oh, and the green is absolutely not 180 gram.

Green is on the left and first back cover photo, black on the right and 2nd back cover photo.

Pu9TD6D.jpg

7Iqwywl.jpgJKR7RYY.jpg

QZmOcE1.jpgdI8b1pa.jpg

So, does that mean they're still in stock, Mr. S.P.R.O.U.T?

I've heard mixed experiences. Some people order it and get it, some people order it and have it canceled. Seems to be luck of the draw

Sounds great, just as good as my black copy.

Awesome! I'm in for the green then

So if this is in stock why was my order canceled? I picked up a copy for someone here on the boards, or at least I tried to. Don't get me wrong I'm really glad about these exclusives but, two points

1. Half the time they're cheaply made overpriced garbage made to pander to collectors who will eat this shit up (guilty) and of course that is more the label's fault than anything, and seeing how it's Universal they seem to work closely with, I guess the problems happen persistently just due to the sheer volume of their product being part of the exclusives.

2. Hot Topic continually proves to be basically the absolute worst retailer on the planet when it comes to actually selling these things. Horrible sale policies, horrible pricing, horrible webstore, horrible account system, orders which get cancelled, turtle-tier shipping, horrible storage for vinyl in their actual stores where every record they sell is damaged, and then you can't even make a return when there's inevitably a defect with the crap they push onto us.

Suddenly I want this record less and less, and the same for any record they have anything to do with. Not because they cause it to happen, but they continually allow it to happen. I really can't think of any exclusive from them that hasn't had some kind of problem. They should just stop and not carry such substandard products anymore. As a consumer, I cannot rely on or trust them to deliver a quality product, and so as a retailer, they've completely failed IMO.

So if this is in stock why was my order canceled? I picked up a copy for someone here on the boards, or at least I tried to. Don't get me wrong I'm really glad about these exclusives but, two points

1. Half the time they're cheaply made overpriced garbage made to pander to collectors who will eat this shit up (guilty) and of course that is more the label's fault than anything, and seeing how it's Universal they seem to work closely with, I guess the problems happen persistently just due to the sheer volume of their product being part of the exclusives.

2. Hot Topic continually proves to be basically the absolute worst retailer on the planet when it comes to actually selling these things. Horrible sale policies, horrible pricing, horrible webstore, horrible account system, orders which get cancelled, turtle-tier shipping, horrible storage for vinyl in their actual stores where every record they sell is damaged, and then you can't even make a return when there's inevitably a defect with the crap they push onto us.

Suddenly I want this record less and less, and the same for any record they have anything to do with. Not because they cause it to happen, but they continually allow it to happen. I really can't think of any exclusive from them that hasn't had some kind of problem. They should just stop and not carry such substandard products anymore. As a consumer, I cannot rely on or trust them to deliver a quality product, and so as a retailer, they've completely failed IMO.

You must have never ordered vinyl from Urban Outfitters.

As much as I was ripping HT earlier this month for taking foreve to ship they have made up for it.

I order a lot of vinyl from them. Over the past year only two records were returned because they arrived damaged.

Just place another order, understand shit happens, and roll with it.

The Hot Topic closest to me doesn't even out their vinyl out. It's in the back and you have to ask to see it (cause they don't even know what they have). I wish I was kidding.

I got mine shipped to me, and I freaked out when I got home from work to find it in basically the shipping mailer you'd put a shirt in, just a bag.  I opened the bag, and it was just wrapped in bubble wrap, and somehow thankfully was in perfect shape.  I've heard stories about Hot Topic doing this in the past, but I never had that happen personally.  Very interesting that it happened this time, lol.

I got mine shipped to me, and I freaked out when I got home from work to find it in basically the shipping mailer you'd put a shirt in, just a bag. I opened the bag, and it was just wrapped in bubble wrap, and somehow thankfully was in perfect shape. I've heard stories about Hot Topic doing this in the past, but I never had that happen personally. Very interesting that it happened this time, lol.

+1 for hot topic!! It's okay because they aren't a record store or label. These are just the product which they exclusively carry, nbd.

I posted this in the upcoming releases thread but I need to post it everywhere because Im am idiot.

I went to pick up my copy of Daisy at the store yesterday. The girl pulled out the mailer and asked me to open it to make sure everything was alright. Without thinking, I whipped out my box cutter (I carry one from work) and just started slicing open the packing tape.

The girl just stared at me like I was bonkers and went "so uh...you're really serious and prepared about this?"

I posted this in the upcoming releases thread but I need to post it everywhere because Im am idiot.

I went to pick up my copy of Daisy at the store yesterday. The girl pulled out the mailer and asked me to open it to make sure everything was alright. Without thinking, I whipped out my box cutter (I carry one from work) and just started slicing open the packing tape.

The girl just stared at me like I was bonkers and went "so uh...you're really serious and prepared about this?"

lol logan, records is srs bsns

Don't lie, you brought it to cut down fangirls trying to get their greasy mitts on your copy.

That's hot.