Weird Pressings/mess ups

I bought The Score by The Fugees and it came with two of the same Disc 1. This has happened to me before with a quasimoto record when I first started buying records...Not a big deal just have to return it...

but has anyone received a record with the wrong media on it??

I remember reading that the new Alt J album had an album by the kinks from the 60s pressed on it..has anyone ran into this problem and what was it?

I have one of the Nofx 7otmc 7"s with the wrong labels on it

One of my copies of Punk in Drublic has the labels on the wrong side. Kinda cool to think about the coincidence that wound up with an A in the B stack, and vice versa. 

Does your 7OTM have the labels from a different record, or are they just switched around?

One of my copies of Punk in Drublic has the labels on the wrong side. Kinda cool to think about the coincidence that wound up with an A in the B stack, and vice versa. 

Does your 7OTM have the labels from a different record, or are they just switched around?

it was labels from a different record in the series.. so still nofx.. just the wrong record

When I preordered Slipknot .5 The Gray Chapter The first one I received disk A/B was ridiculously thin and warped and disk C/D was 180 gram and had the side A label on side C. After I contacted Bravado they sent me another and when I opened it both disks were side C/D. So I said fuck it and sent them back, still waiting on a refund so I can buy the Hot Topic red.

I bought The Score by The Fugees and it came with two of the same Disc 1. This has happened to me before with a quasimoto record when I first started buying records...Not a big deal just have to return it...

but has anyone received a record with the wrong media on it??

I remember reading that the new Alt J album had an album by the kinks from the 60s pressed on it..has anyone ran into this problem and what was it?

anything can happen, no one's perfect. you could open a box of cracker jacks and find paperclips if they were made in the same factory.

hard to tell if you're trolling with your posts or if these are serious questions.

anything can happen, no one's perfect. you could open a box of cracker jacks and find paperclips if they were made in the same factory.

hard to tell if you're trolling with your posts or if these are serious questions.

You're thinking way too deep into man. I just started buying records about 5 months ago. Any other media whether it's CD, DVD or Video Game I've always received the correct product. So, yes they are simple, serious questions because I'm new to the game. Is everyone on this board uptight?

The only thing I can think of is The Acacia Strain - Continent (2xlp). There were some copies that were mispackaged with Off With Their Heads - From The Bottom on white vinyl taking the place of where Continent's C/D side should have been.

Oh, and that guy who recently posted on here that he received a copy of 'If You Have Ghost' on translucent red vinyl.

You're thinking way too deep into man. I just started buying records about 5 months ago. Any other media whether it's CD, DVD or Video Game I've always received the correct product. So, yes they are simple, serious questions because I'm new to the game. Is everyone on this board uptight?

Vinyl is vastly different. The format is several decades older than any of those media you mentioned. When those new formats were introduced, their standards were established quickly, and they're in place. There were a lot of variations on machines, processes, and materials. There's room for a lot of interesting innovation like color and splatter effects, but also room for a lot of mistakes.

The last vinyl pressing machines were produced in the 1980's. There are no more brand new machines, they're antiquated and don't always function correctly, even when maintained very well. With the high demand for vinyl now, there's a high demand on these machines.

All the machines are overworked, with a ton of records to produce. Accidents can happen easily, especially when you have to worry about a ton of other releases. That can be applied to the manufacturer or the label itself. Sometimes it's easily fixed, sometimes it needs a whole new pressing because of someone overlooking something.

I think people might think you're trolling because a lot of this information could be found with the most basic of searches. Like Wikipedia easy, man. Coupled with common sense, of course.