Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

Just for the record......a lot of times with limited releases like this it might be possible to distribute through Amazon, so technically a link like this is created by them, but it doesn't ensure they'll be allocated any. The way it works is all of the (U.S. stores in this case) stores that order the title get priority. If there's anything left after the allocations are divided up, you have the option to distribute through Amazon. Unless more of these ended up getting pressed than we initially made the contract for....I wouldn't necessarily bank on Amazon. Fair Warning, if you pre-order from Amazon you run a decent risk of getting a cancelation later on down the road....you're local Indepdent record stores (here in the U.S.) should be getting the bulk (if not all) of this title

Right, exactly. Especially if indie retail is a big account for the distributor/label, and they're willing to carry more stock and support with advertising/promo.

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been any update on this? Ordered July 29th through Bull Moose and thought it was supposed to ship a few weeks after. Their website now says that the PO period is over, and release date is TBD with a stand-in date of December 31, 2025.

Would love to listen to this in the upcoming winter months, wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Takk: http://sigur-ros-sto...mpaign=reissues

( ) (Clear): http://sigur-ros-sto...mpaign=reissues

( ) now says limited to 4000.

Ha....expect seam splits!

"If you're a collector who requires mint condition we recommend picking up our releases from your local record store."

So, I get a Sigur Ros-mailing list email saying () and Takk reissues are now available for pre-order today (9/29) at 3:28pm PT.  I immediately hit the link for () and it's sold out.  What the hell is going on here????????  I was able to order Takk, but how can I get my hands on a copy of the limited clear () vinyl?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It doesn't actually have to be a registered C.I.M.S./ThinkIndie store....any Indepdent Music Retailer [inside the U.S.] can order either of these Sigur Rós titles from ThinkIndie [along with countless other titles]

And yes that would be the regular Black vinyl version of the ( ) album, not the soon to be out version on Clear vinyl

Ooh ok. Any issues with that one?

are there gonna be extended editions of this or Takk? i put in an order for both but if an extended edition happens id rather have those. 

Sigur Ros said that there will be expanded box sets of their first three albums. Agaetis is coming later this year; probably won't see the other two until late next year at the earliest IMO. 

from their homepage:

to mark its 16th birthday, a definitive, much expanded edition of ágætis byrjun is in the works for later this year. the deluxe boxset edition will feature previously unheard studio recordings and rare live versions from this pivotal period in the band’s development, as well as a welter of photographic and documentary material from their personal archives and plenty more besides. it will be a beautiful thing to behold, and the last word in completist editions of sigur rós catalogue releases.

while we are still finalising design and content – and will share with you as soon as it’s fixed – we wanted you to know about this now [as well as other expanded editions of von and ( )], since the band’s first three albums have all just become available on re-mastered, heavyweight vinyl for the first time in ages. go either look for the vinyl reissues now, or hang on for something grander still.