Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

After close to 10 years of Sigur Ros playing in our home, as soon as Jonsi starts singing, my wife of 29 years still puts her hands over her ears and runs screaming out of the room.  :)

Yep. Mine says it sounds like cats singing and won't give it a chance. To each their own I guess.

Yes, she married me tolerating my love of 'weird' music (old prog back then) vs. her radio country tastes, which are easy for me to just tune out haha

Ya'll need better wives. 

My wife draws the line at Converge, which is where most "normal" people draw the line. She did go with me to an OFF! show and got stage dived on by a 400 lb. dumbass. She went down, got up, and met me outside. She was still happy she went.

Mine says the same thing. She likes most everything I like, but she can't stand Sigur Ros or Rage Against the Machine.

www.mywifesmusicaltastescollective.com

Which pressing do you own? My original UK pressing doesn't sound good at all. Do people generally agree that 2009 DMM is the best pressing so far?

That's the one I have from Fat Cat (http://www.discogs.com/Sigur-R%C3%B3s--/release/1651226).

I've heard of quality issues with the OG pressing so I went with this one a couple years back. It's pretty good, but I haven't heard the others so I can't really comment on a comparison.

Hoping this one is good for the people missing it in their collection.

Crazy, hadn't checked in on this in a while. Sounds like someone got a bad pressing? I'd be curious to see what others think once they get their copy. In complete honesty it's one of the better sounding LPs I own. Maybe I got really lucky? No surface noise on my end, maybe the discogs poster just has a shitty player.

Crazy, hadn't checked in on this in a while. Sounds like someone got a bad pressing? I'd be curious to see what others think once they get their copy. In complete honesty it's one of the better sounding LPs I own. Maybe I got really lucky? No surface noise on my end, maybe the discogs poster just has a shitty player.

No surface noise or popping at any point? I was under the impression that at least two people had some noise at the same isolated spot. (Beginning of side B, if I recall.) Other than that, everyone is saying their copies sound amazing.

No surface noise or popping at any point? I was under the impression that at least two people had some noise at the same isolated spot. (Beginning of side B, if I recall.) Other than that, everyone is saying their copies sound amazing.

It was 2 reviews on Discogs and those are still the only 2 on there reporting that.  I'm not jumping to any conclusions until I get my own copy.  The only one who can judge if it sounds good to me is me.  

I've listened 3 times all the way through and have no noise, so I guess I got lucky? Lucky is a weird word to use when we're often paying $30 or more for copies of albums we already own.

Still totally worth it though!

It was 2 reviews on Discogs and those are still the only 2 on there reporting that. I'm not jumping to any conclusions until I get my own copy. The only one who can judge if it sounds good to me is me.

Not to sound rude, but that post directed at decorah since they actually have a copy to evaluate. And from the sounds of it, decorah is indeed lucky or those two Discogs reviewers are just unlucky. Time will tell.

Still no news on Europe...

I like the fact that acoustic sounds has upped their ante as well, now that these are showing up on ebay for 50$

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/104917/Sigur_Ros--Vinyl_Record__CD

Just seems so silly to pay 60$ for a completely new reissue.

Still no news on Europe...

I like the fact that acoustic sounds has upped their ante as well, now that these are showing up on ebay for 50$

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/104917/Sigur_Ros--Vinyl_Record__CD

Just seems so silly to pay 60$ for a completely new reissue.

That's the import from earlier this year