Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

Got my replacements in. Tried the first track. Surface noise/static through the whole thing.. Getting irritated.

I got suspicious when people in the thread were commenting on the sheer clearness of the replacements, and mine looked like the same kinda dull yellowish thing.

bummer. mine is crystal meth clear. possible you got shafted with one from the other press.

I got this email from the SR Team this morning:

Hi

You have received vinyl with surface noise , again. This issue has been taken up with our pressing plant. Together, we have decided to start from the very beginning by cutting new lacquers and growing new stampers so for the next run, we will not encounter these problems.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to get back on the press until the new year now. So, we will send you another set in January. Please bear with us.

Once again, can we remind you to keep hold of your outer and inner sleeves as we will only replace the vinyl.

In the meantime, have a great holiday and we will be in touch with you in the New Year.

Sigur Rós Team

Yeah, the numbers are irrelevant, unfortunately. It was a particular stamper that caused the issue, and the order these were inserted into sleeves was completely arbitrary. Buying it second hand might not be a wise choice if it ends up being faulty. Not sure the band would send out replacements if you don't have proof of purchase from a reputable merchant.

I got this email from the SR Team this morning:

Hi

You have received vinyl with surface noise , again. This issue has been taken up with our pressing plant. Together, we have decided to start from the very beginning by cutting new lacquers and growing new stampers so for the next run, we will not encounter these problems.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to get back on the press until the new year now. So, we will send you another set in January. Please bear with us.

Once again, can we remind you to keep hold of your outer and inner sleeves as we will only replace the vinyl.

In the meantime, have a great holiday and we will be in touch with you in the New Year.

Sigur Rós Team

This is good news.

Been holding my breath in this thread reading most every post. Bummer that they got a screwed pressing the first time around. Definitely wish to get one, especially the Takk I got for my lady recently arrived. Amazing work on that one. Would love to see ( ) done justice to and looking forward to getting most every Sigur record now that she has been rediscovering them again.

• 1 month later...