As some of you already know, I've been working on an album for awhile now. After a lot of busy months spent balancing my last semester in college, a move to D.C., and a record, it's finally finished. If you're into sad bastard songs, played by tall awkward guys, go have a listen. As much as I'd love to press this bad boy on wax, it's not too cost effective at the moment; therefore, I'll take advantage of the internet. All eight songs are posted at http://ronnieglennwilliams.bandcamp.com

Thanks skidroje! Me too, it's been my dream for the longest time to hold a record I've made in my hands, it's just a really expensive dream.

Also, please let it be known that me posting this does not mean me trying to sell this. That would never be my intention, if anyone digs it, wants it, but is broke, just let me know.

Thanks Hybrid, I appreciate the feedback. As for recording, everything was done from the bedroom of a crummy apartment in Kansas. Prior to starting, I knew hardly anything and through trial and error, ending up learning a decent amount about Logic, mic placement, and sound. I say do it yourself and learn what you like and don't like. The benefits are vast: save money, record at 4 am over whiskey, etc etc. There are downsides: it's nice to have feedback from others, etc. though it may not sound like a radio recording in the end, that is typically due to mastering, which can end up costing a ridiculous amount

These are good songs. You should be proud of your work here. Try to keep the momentum going. It can't be that difficult to get this pressed on wax. Do some shows, sell some cd's and or t-shirts and save that money to get it pressed on short run. Maybe even do a little crowd funding. Price it out and see how much it'll cost, then see if you cant get most of it funded by that. Time is on your side at least.

I share the same dream as you, and I know for a fact less capable people have made it happen.

These are good songs. You should be proud of your work here. Try to keep the momentum going. It can't be that difficult to get this pressed on wax. Do some shows, sell some cd's and or t-shirts and save that money to get it pressed on short run. Maybe even do a little crowd funding. Price it out and see how much it'll cost, then see if you cant get most of it funded by that. Time is on your side at least.

I share the same dream as you, and I know for a fact less capable people have made it happen.

Thanks man! As far as keeping it up, I'm all over it. I've actually been doing this for a long time (just not as a solo act). I play a decent amount of shows, but I'm moving to D.C. in a couple of weeks, so I'll be starting all over again. I'll get it pressed, eventually, I refuse to not!

One piece of constructive criticism -- I'd rather hear you open the pipes a little bit. Don't think I could repeatedly listen an album of what sounds like someone whispering to me. Maybe more "range" is the musically proper way to put it?

Other than that, sounds bad ass. Probably would have guessed it was made by a professional musician.

One piece of constructive criticism -- I'd rather hear you open the pipes a little bit. Don't think I could repeatedly listen an album of what sounds like someone whispering to me. Maybe more "range" is the musically proper way to put it?

Other than that, sounds bad ass. Probably would have guessed it was made by a professional musician.

To me it sounded like the vocals needed to be compressed a bit (or a bit more if they are already), maybe we're noticing the same thing? But yeah really good otherwise, that was the only thing I didn't like.

i don't give props unless i really think someone deserves them. mainly because i'm more critical of people i know for some reason, but this is really good. it brought back memories of when i use to kick it on the upstairs porch while drinkin' and listening to rocky votolato records through the window of my bedroom. will definitely buy this on payday.