vinyl wish list for 2015

QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf

A local shop posted this picture on Facebook yesterday for his new arrivals. This guy gets a lot of import boots and whatnot, but they all sound great. Regardless, this is the first time I've seen a sealed copy of it in person in a loooong time. Am gonna inquire to see if its legit or a boot! I have a boot from a few years back that sounds great, but an official re-release would be killer.

A local shop posted this picture on Facebook yesterday for his new arrivals. This guy gets a lot of import boots and whatnot, but they all sound great. Regardless, this is the first time I've seen a sealed copy of it in person in a loooong time. Am gonna inquire to see if its legit or a boot! I have a boot from a few years back that sounds great, but an official re-release would be killer.

Definitely a boot. As are the Nick Cave releases... though those will be officially reissued next year.

New albums:

Counterparts - LP4

Deftones - LP8

Drake - Views from the 6

Ghost - LP3

Kendrick Lamar - LP2

Knuckle Puck - LP1

Misser - ??

Nothing - LP3

Purity Ring - LP2

Represses:

Beck - Sea Change

Brand New - Deja

I Am the Avalanche - S/T

Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane

Return of the Living Dead OST 30th Anniversary - Mondo/Death Waltz(not a real thing, but it should be)

Sigur Ros - Takk

Toad the Wet Sprocket - Fear

Bands that need first pressings of old stuff:

the 1975(EP boxset?), Armor for Sleep, As Cities Burn, Cassino, Coheed, Emery, Drake, EITS(How Strange, Innocence), Fenix TX, FFTL, Frou Frou, Hail the Sun, I Can Make A Mess, Lydia, NFG(major label albums), Partynextdoor, Secret & Whisper, Terminal, The Velvet Teen

Mods, please merge with the "Records I would like to see pressed on vinyl" thread.

I thought about this too, I think if people keep it to stuff they reasonably think will get re-pressed/pressed next year, it's different enough though.

Although most people aren't doing that...so....

Yes.

oooo I'd buy that real fast.

This and JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS. The only two soundtracks I'd even consider buying. 

Basically, Adam Schlesinger should be allowed to write everything and Kay Hanley should be the only female singer allowed on anything. 

Other dumb old shit never on vinyl that I'd buy:

Letters to Cleo - Go

Letters to Cleo - Wholesale Meats and Fish

Letters to Cleo - When Did We Do That? 

Fountains of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers

The Cardigans - Super Extra Gravity

A Camp - A Camp

Smoking Popes - Destination Failure

Weston - Return to Mono (preferred) or The Mass Albert Sounds (I guess this would be ok)

Hagfish - Rocks Your Lame Ass

Represses that it's stupid haven't happened yet:

Knapsack - This Conversation Is Ending Starting Right Now (I tried....Alias stopped responding to my emails 5 years ago)

Knapsack - Day Three Of My New Life

No Knife - Hit Man Dreams

The Cardigans - Long Gone Before Daylight

If I wasn't wasting every penny I had (and plenty I don't have) putting out records for small time bands trying to do new things currently and not just some 90s major label stuff, I'd probably bother Letters to Cleo about hooking me up with somebody to do those records. Too bad the one people would probably want the most (Aurora Gory Alice) is the one I like the least. Not out of the realm of possibility one day. Hopefully someone beats me to it and I can just spend $40 instead of thousands. 

Knapsack - This Conversation Is Ending Starting Right Now (I tried....Alias stopped responding to my emails 5 years ago)

Knapsack - Day Three Of My New Life

These have represses, on Poison City Records. Day Three is now a 12" rather than the 10" set and comes in black or olive green and This Conversation is on blue or black. Stinks that they have to be imported from AU, but they are well worth it. I bought the colored copies and they sound fantastic. There's a thread on here I believe as well. 

These have represses, on Poison City Records. Day Three is now a 12" rather than the 10" set and comes in black or olive green and This Conversation is on blue or black. Stinks that they have to be imported from AU, but they are well worth it. I bought the colored copies and they sound fantastic. There's a thread on here I believe as well. 

I have them. They're gorgeous, and they sound great. There is definitely a thread for them somewhere...and if you import them, ship them separately and you'll save like...$3-5 I think.