[ENDED GIVEAWAY] Record Flipping & Suicide Awareness

craigalanp

Suicide is not the answer.

It's no consolation, but most of us have had a friend or relative who has succumbed to suicide. It's really fucking tough to understand, but hopefully spreading awareness can prevent it in the future & help those left behind to cope with it. 

Cheers. Awesome thing for you to do friend. Would prefer option 3/4.

Suicide is not the answer.

Option 3 or 4.

I have also had a close friend of mine take his own life and I'm still devastated by it today. Ironically, I was going through a very rough patch in my life a couple years ago and he was there for me through it all when I was considering suicide as an option. I wish I could have done more like he did for me, but I was too busy with my own life and problems to take the time, which is one of my biggest regrets. I suffer from depression and everyday is one step at a time, but thank you for realizing and making the effort to raise suicide awareness because it is so so important. I'm so very, very sorry for your loss and despair that your friend must have been going through. :(

This is about the best way I've ever seen someone respond to being chastised... VC can be a pack of angry wolves sometimes, whether its because we lost a bid on ebay or some crazy ex broke into our apartment and specifically burned our vinyl collection in the tub out of spite (yes please don't ask) but we all mean well, we know what its like to get jipped, flipped, and ripped. GOOD ON YOU for being such a humble kind person, I wish there were more understanding people in the world. Honestly you don't have to do ANYTHING to "make up" for your mistake, you already owned up to it!... But I can't help it the offer is too enticing! option 3 or 4 pleeeeaaaase!

SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER! EVER NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER. 

I am extremely sorry for your loss mate, its sad every time I hear someone takes their own life. Honestly Ive told friends a few time "at least fucking enjoy life, take out a huge loan and travel the world first! just get aways from this life you know if you hate it so much." we also have to constantly remind our family and friends that we do love them and care for them. theres no reason someone should take their own life. and again, I'm really sorry for your loss.

^^^ I like this idea, JoToRoBo thank you for providing a link to an organization!

No problem my friend. There were several organizations with a quick Google search, but this was the first one I saw. I think it is something super easy we could do. Give a dollar or five. Buy the people who work the hotline a pizza, pay for a pamphlet, commercial, everything little bit will help.

No problem my friend. There were several organizations with a quick Google search, but this was the first one I saw. I think it is something super easy we could do. Give a dollar or five. Buy the people who work the hotline a pizza, pay for a pamphlet, commercial, everything little bit will help.

agreed! hahaha "buy the people who work the hotline a pizza" I feel so much better about the money I'll be giving to them. I can only imagine an office full of people on the phone helping people out while one is ordering pizza... 

*Coworker on phone with pizza guy shouting to coworker*: "Tom what'd you want on your pizza!"

*Tom talking down a victim of online bullying*: "hey man look its going to be alright you have so much more to live fo-... wait gimme a sec, PEPPERONI AND ANCHOVIES HOMIE... But really though you have so much to live for... yknow what? how about you come over, and we talk this over a few slices of pizza"

This is why I need adderall to get shit done. I see a fly buzzing around and I go from studying biochem to writing up an entire fucking screenplay about a day in the life of a fly... God help us all.