Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Thoughts on this game, either for Xbox One, PS4, or PC? I started playing it on Xbox less than a week ago and I can't get enough of it. For starters, the game looks incredible. The nemesis system is awesome and really pulled me into the game. So far I have about 20 hours on the game (I know) with half the main missions complete and a pretty decent chunk of the side missions complete.

Anyways, what do you guys think about it? I honestly haven't found anything I don't like about it, but I'd like to hear your guys' opinions!

Thoughts on this game, either for Xbox One, PS4, or PC? I started playing it on Xbox less than a week ago and I can't get enough of it. For starters, the game looks incredible. The nemesis system is awesome and really pulled me into the game. So far I have about 20 hours on the game (I know) with half the main missions complete and a pretty decent chunk of the side missions complete.

Anyways, what do you guys think about it? I honestly haven't found anything I don't like about it, but I'd like to hear your guys' opinions!

I'm going to have to give it a play, I have it but haven't tried it yet! I'll let you know, gut feeling is that I'll like it though.

Played and beat it, and it was okay honestly.  The main problem I had was when trying to fight a WarChief I would get pummeled with way to many enemies.  And then out of nowhere like 3-4 Captains/Grunts would show up mid fight.  It just became very annoying.  And the final boss battle was MEH.  But it was fun to run around kill things and just explore.  I would honestly give it a 3/5.

never actually played it but from what i understand from watching an entire play through on twitch its just a lord of the rings themed assassins creed style game. nothing special. idk maybe when it goes on sale for like 10 dollars on steam i'll pick it up but it just doesnt seem like the game for me.

I picked this up for $25 at Best Buy and I wouldn't have paid more. I enjoy it very much it is an AC clone in format.

I agree with the poster who said that getting swarmed when trying to kill a WarChief is annoying but once you upgrade your weapons, it's pretty easy.

is it anything like or better than skyrim? I like skyrim a lot although im not a huge fan of the old timey stuff, but I love the hobbit/lotr movies but I have yet to check this new game out.

It's more similar to the Assassin's Creed and Batman games, although I haven't played either of those. The game does have little elements in it that remind me of Skyrim though. For instance, the bow is pretty much the same thing as the bound bow from Skyrim and the missions have a little bit of a Skyrim feel to them. If you like LotR I'd definitely recommend it. Not sure what sales are still going on, but I downloaded it from the Xbox store for $30 this past weekend.

Played and beat it, and it was okay honestly.  The main problem I had was when trying to fight a WarChief I would get pummeled with way to many enemies.  And then out of nowhere like 3-4 Captains/Grunts would show up mid fight.  It just became very annoying.  And the final boss battle was MEH.  But it was fun to run around kill things and just explore.  I would honestly give it a 3/5.

I had this issue for a while when I was trying to kill the warchiefs. Then I realized it gets a lot less hectic if you kill their bodyguards before you fight them. Sure, you still get a bunch of Uruks coming at you, but they're pretty easy to take out once you get some of the upgrades and runes. I still get wrecked sometimes though. It's what makes the game fun, and a little more difficult.

Running around killing Uruks and shit is probably the most fun I've had in the game though, definitely agree with you there. The main missions are cool and whatnot, but exploring around is where it's at. 

never actually played it but from what i understand from watching an entire play through on twitch its just a lord of the rings themed assassins creed style game. nothing special. idk maybe when it goes on sale for like 10 dollars on steam i'll pick it up but it just doesnt seem like the game for me.

Maybe I'm having more fun with it because I've never played the Assassin's Creed games, who knows. Had I played them, this game might feel a bit redundant. Looking at footage from both games they almost look identical. I'm cool with it though, I'm a big fan of LotR. It would definitely be a fun game to mess around on if you can get it for cheap.

Pretty good.

Almost no trouble with the war chiefs (maybe because I have played all the Arkham games and am really good at the combos). Basically just have to fire 10 arrows in their heads from afar once your stats are up and they go down (or are severely damaged). The ones that are invulnerable to ranged you just do:

kick

combo hit up to 5 or 8 (depending on skill level)

Hit triangle if a guy swings at you

Execution

Repeat until dead

One of those strategies works on every one of them.

Haven't missed a bonus objective on anything. Getting the x100 combo took a few tries but the rest are pretty easy.

Also on the missions where you free tied up slaves, most of the time you can just run up to them and hit r1 (playstation) and cut them loose. The Uruks just stare at you for long enough to finish and then you can book out of there without fighting.

Pretty far through the game (maybe 80%). Still need to hunt a dire caragor. Anyone find that yet?

I loooooove the Batman games, so you guys are getting me more and more excited to play this!

It's more forgiving because it will let you abort an attack to block (unlike in Batman, where if you hit square one too many times you are hosed). There's a bunch of upgrades that also make it more forgiving (allowed to take one hit without losing a combo, stunned enemies stay that way for longer, etc..).

You'll miss the grappling gun. Climbing everything sucks compared to just grappling to the top of where you want to be.

It's more forgiving because it will let you abort an attack to block (unlike in Batman, where if you hit square one too many times you are hosed). There's a bunch of upgrades that also make it more forgiving (allowed to take one hit without losing a combo, stunned enemies stay that way for longer, etc..).

You'll miss the grappling gun. Climbing everything sucks compared to just grappling to the top of where you want to be.

That block jam will be nice, but yeah, I'm sure I'll miss the grappling gun :/

I am really enjoying this game. I love that you can get revenge on a captain who took out one of your friends. It's not a hard game but there is something therapeutic about running around chopping off the heads of orcs.

Ditto getting revenge on a captain is great! Especially when you meet them later and they're all scarred up

I loooooove the Batman games, so you guys are getting me more and more excited to play this!

This makes me want to play the Batman games! I've watched my roommate play a couple of them here and there and they looked pretty cool, I just never got around to playing them myself. Not sure why I slept on them.

This makes me want to play the Batman games! I've watched my roommate play a couple of them here and there and they looked pretty cool, I just never got around to playing them myself. Not sure why I slept on them.

Dude, they're so much fun! I snagged Arkham Asylum a while back for 360 when it went on sale for $5 (!)  and I had already played through Arkham City because it came with my 360 :)

I'm having fun with this game. This happened to me last night which I thought was pretty funny.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/ff20303f-fd4e-4153-92bb-b1a51b33cefb?gamerTag=Bioshocked&scid=5674e1ad-ee96-444d-bedc-5ec795b1e772

Haha that's awesome. I'm trying to finish my work so I can play some more.

Dude, they're so much fun! I snagged Arkham Asylum a while back for 360 when it went on sale for $5 (!)  and I had already played through Arkham City because it came with my 360 :)

Good thing I didn't get rid of my 360. There are still a ton of games that I still want to play for it.

Good thing I didn't get rid of my 360. There are still a ton of games that I still want to play for it.

Seriously. I only use my PS4 for things that are either exclusive, or have special/better features on current gen consoles (and Destiny, because...why not?). Everything else I just wait and buy super cheap/free on Games With Gold for 360.

That said, I did snag this game for PS4 because 360 the nemesis system is severely dumbed down, I guess. And it was $25 at Target for Black Thanksgiving.

I'm having fun with this game. This happened to me last night which I thought was pretty funny.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/ff20303f-fd4e-4153-92bb-b1a51b33cefb?gamerTag=Bioshocked&scid=5674e1ad-ee96-444d-bedc-5ec795b1e772

I'm surprised I haven't run into any weird glitches like this yet! Pretty funny one though. Shadow of Mordor seems to run really well with very few bugs, or at least I haven't run into any glaring ones yet.

Seriously. I only use my PS4 for things that are either exclusive, or have special/better features on current gen consoles (and Destiny, because...why not?). Everything else I just wait and buy super cheap/free on Games With Gold for 360.

That said, I did snag this game for PS4 because 360 the nemesis system is severely dumbed down, I guess. And it was $25 at Target for Black Thanksgiving.

I made the mistake of buying Destiny on 360. All of my friends were playing it on the One, while I was stuck in no man's land on 360. Kind of spoiled the game for me. I probably would have had a lot more fun with it on next-gen! 

There are way too many games that I still have a ton of fun playing on 360 though, I don't think I'll get rid of it for a long time. Grabbing SoM for only $30 on the Xbox store was a solid deal though.