Rap Metal's Not Dead

Some of us haven't been in a band in a while, and we're kind of psyched about this. We're called Boomside (named for a drug-infested low-income housing complex where we're from.) It's four best friends just turnin' up and having fun. I'm generally not into rap metal, mostly because either the rapper and/or band are wack, but I think we do it right.

This is one of the first times that Boomside is being broadcast publicly. It's certainly not for everybody. However, there's more to come - not all heavy and with a wider variety of flavors than this song indicates. I feel like our main audience would most likely be 14-24 year olds who like hoodrat shit.

With that being said, here it is, our first music video!

BOOMSIDE - Be Afraid

Vocals - His Highness Lord Grand Boulevard
Guitar - Scumbag Jim
Bass - Warsaw Budd
Drums - Thörr Stack

Find us at: http://facebook.com/BoomsideNY
Free downloads at: http://boomside.bandcamp.com

Edit 08/08/15:
New song, "9 to 5 or .45" out now!

Not nearly as bad as i was expecting.

Whats up with the headphones..

Thanks, man! 

We were actually recording the drum tracks while the video was being recorded. So there was nothing coming from amps in that room (as not to fuck with the drums being recorded), everything was through the headphones. 

What exactly is "hoodrat shit"?

Well, truly, hoodrat shit is in the eye of the beholder. But most people beholding that shit would consider hoodrat shit to be shit like runnin' hustles, puffin' Ls, rollin' deep with mad hoes, doin' crimes, slangin' shit, you know. Hoodrat shit. 

This whole Boomside shit, at its heart, is not only about self-expression, but also about smoking dat weed and blastin' our nasty jism cums on fly honeys.

THIS IS BOOMSIDE!

Well, truly, hoodrat shit is in the eye of the beholder. But most people beholding that shit would consider hoodrat shit to be shit like runnin' hustles, puffin' Ls, rollin' deep with mad hoes, doin' crimes, slangin' shit, you know. Hoodrat shit.

This whole Boomside shit, at its heart, is not only about self-expression, but also about smoking dat weed and blastin' our nasty jism cums on fly honeys.

THIS IS BOOMSIDE!

Is this real life?

THIS IS BOOMSIDE!

duly quoted

But most people beholding that shit would consider hoodrat shit to be shit like runnin' hustles, puffin' Ls, rollin' deep with mad hoes, doin' crimes, slangin' shit, you know. Hoodrat shit. 

I worked nine hours today, attended a board of directors meeting of the homeowners' association and now I'm on hold with the cable company. 

FML.

I worked nine hours today, attended a board of directors meeting of the homeowners' association and now I'm on hold with the cable company. 

FML.

I feel you, my dude. Spent 9 years in an office myself. Left it all behind and found a new hustle. Mad hustles. Multiple hustles! Hard times come, but so does that EBT every month. There are bad days, but I'm STILL gettin' high. Still mackin' hoes. Just can't slip. When a fool slips? Shit, mahfuckaz get iced in bad deals when they slip. Lose cash flow to keep the bitchez around when they slip. So I don't slip. I just keep grindin', stayin' on that hustle. But for real, I feel you. 

I feel you, my dude. Spent 9 years in an office myself. Left it all behind and found a new hustle. Mad hustles. Multiple hustles! Hard times come, but so does that EBT every month. There are bad days, but I'm STILL gettin' high. Still mackin' hoes. Just can't slip. When a fool slips? Shit, mahfuckaz get iced in bad deals when they slip. Lose cash flow to keep the bitchez around when they slip. So I don't slip. I just keep grindin', stayin' on that hustle. But for real, I feel you. 

Clearly, I'm in the wrong industry. Fuck.

You, sir, have inspired me to change my career path.

Tomorrow, I will work on less slipping and more hustling.

This is the beginning of a bright future!