PO NOW: CLOAKROOM - FURTHER OUT

none of this matters because I'm never getting one

I legit felt bad last night when I read this thread / saw you were looking for one cause you helped me out with a tour press before and I wanted to pay it forward. I got a copy for someone else online who saw me post about the show via twitter so I was able to help ~someone~ out at least. Best of luck to ya dude! (I bet the extras go online soon)

Was able to catch a little video of their first set on Saturday.

Absolutely flooring, I especially love what they did with the arrangement on Deep Sea Station. The Townes Van Zandt cover unfortunately ended pretty quickly here, but they played it later in the full band set and it went great, Doyle had a rippin solo.

I was fortunate enough to get to talk with Brian and ask him some of the more burning questions I've had about the band over the past couple years. It was very intriguing to learn that the Temple of the Starchild website was not their creation and is a real group.  The band are all very amicable dudes, and have a chemistry that feels welcoming and familiar. While getting the special RSD cover was nice, having the opportunity to get to see the band in two different capacities and converse with them was what really mattered.

That being said... they only sold about a handful of the ~42 copies they brought, so I'm sure they will be selling them at their show with Hum next week and on their tour with Nothing in a couple weeks. I implore you all to seek out a way to see this band and talk with them, they are really something special and though I'd seen them once before, watching them play the songs from Further Out really struck a chord and expanded the record for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...