Black Metal Discussion Thread

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who cares about the new Leviathan record and that it's gonna be one of the best this year...? :(

Only listened to All Tongues Toward once when it was originally posted, and definitely dug it…but I wasn't crazy about it. Listening to the album as a whole now; wow, I definitely agree. This will surely be among the year's best.

Got my copy of Black Cascade from Wolves in the Throne Room today. Not very well versed in black metal but have listen to diadem of the 12 Stars in the past and enjoyed it. This was $10 so decided it was worth the Gamble. 3/4 through and it may see my table quite a bit in the near future.

Got my copy of Black Cascade from Wolves in the Throne Room today. Not very well versed in black metal but have listen to diadem of the 12 Stars in the past and enjoyed it. This was $10 so decided it was worth the Gamble. 3/4 through and it may see my table quite a bit in the near future.

You found a copy on vinyl for 10 bucks? That's a steal.. Black Cascade variants usually go for 40-60$. So congrats! Love that album.

If you haven't jammed Anagnorisis - Beyond All Light I'd highly reccomend checking this record out.

It's fucking insane.

Very atmospheric and grim.

And you can get it pretty fucking cheap right.

$13.50 shipped if you use the code: JASONSMOM

http://store.likeyoungrecords.com/product/anagnorisis-beyond-all-light-lp-cd

I think this sale has been going on for about a year now. I bought a lot of records from this guy and he was tops. I recommend The Great Old Ones for anyone into the "blackgaze?" thing. Al Azif double lp with the discount comes out to $12 plus shipping. Really can't beat that price. http://www.antitheticrecords.com/shop/the-great-old-ones-al-azif-2xlp/

Thanks for the heads up on this one, just picked it up

Could anyone point me in the direction of something similar? I'm embarrassingly green when it comes to black metal.

I definitely dig the slower, more textured stuff, but I've been trying to get into some of the more experimental/noisier stuff too. Harsh vocals no longer bother me at all, but super obnoxious drums are still mildly annoying. Where's the band for meeeeee?

I'd say try Locrian. I don't know a ton about them but I like everything I've heard, and they have a nice mixture of influences. Eternal Return reminds me of M83 and Inverted Ruins is straight up power electronics worship.

They seem to move all over the place in the realm of dark music.  I'd recommend either Return to Annihilation or the Mamiffer collaboration as a good starting point and going from there.  I haven't gotten through all their material, but I've liked almost all of it quite a bit.

I'd say try Locrian. I don't know a ton about them but I like everything I've heard, and they have a nice mixture of influences. Eternal Return reminds me of M83 and Inverted Ruins is straight up power electronics worship.

They seem to move all over the place in the realm of dark music.  I'd recommend either Return to Annihilation or the Mamiffer collaboration as a good starting point and going from there.  I haven't gotten through all their material, but I've liked almost all of it quite a bit.

Thanks, guys. I've asked for recommendations from other people before and their name always seems to come up. I'll definitely check 'em out.

Dark Throne Emperor Immortal Destroyer 666 Venom Bathory Thy Infernal Satyricon Lord of Depression Watain Behemoth Gorgoroth Burzum Mayhem Nyarlathotep Rising Black metal is no joke.

kvlt story bro

• 3 weeks later...

While I like the sound of BM, I just find it so tough to get behind the ideology of some bands and people (some of which are truly fucked up) in the genre. I'm not religious, but it just feels unnecessary. I do however like trend of more nature and spiritual type BM bands, and I dig the whole black gaze trend. Anyone got any recommendations? I dig Deafheaven, WITTR, Agalloch, and I liked that last Panopticon.