Black Metal Discussion Thread

I have all of the other Cormorant records and was hoping to just pick up their new album at a show, but now that Diaspora made #17 on the Decibel 2017 list I figured I better pick it up. It is pricey even for a 2 lp and the shipping is kinda crazy ridic.  I don't know if they ship it Priority or what, but maybe a cheaper shipping option could be had if you contacted them? The first pressing is a wacky splatter and limited to 500 private pressed. I really can't believe these guys are not on a label yet, but that will probably change really soon. https://cormorant.bandcamp.com/album/diaspora

On 12/4/2017 at 8:04 PM, lexicondevil said:

I have all of the other Cormorant records and was hoping to just pick up their new album at a show, but now that Diaspora made #17 on the Decibel 2017 list I figured I better pick it up. It is pricey even for a 2 lp and the shipping is kinda crazy ridic.  I don't know if they ship it Priority or what, but maybe a cheaper shipping option could be had if you contacted them? The first pressing is a wacky splatter and limited to 500 private pressed. I really can't believe these guys are not on a label yet, but that will probably change really soon. https://cormorant.bandcamp.com/album/diaspora

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cormorant-Diaspora-New-Vinyl-LP/142501670769 

28.58 shipped

Did anyone get their gilead subscritpion stuff yet? The yellow eyes is the test and he said would be individually numbered. For the life of me i cant find any numbering. 

Small random detail that doesnt matter much but i feel im going crazy and cant find it. 

Also the record fucking rules. 

2 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Did anyone get their gilead subscritpion stuff yet? The yellow eyes is the test and he said would be individually numbered. For the life of me i cant find any numbering. 

Small random detail that doesnt matter much but i feel im going crazy and cant find it. 

Also the record fucking rules. 

Mine is here this Wednesday. I'll look and see if mine is numbered.

http://www.cvltnation.com/cvlt-nations-top-13-black-metal-releases-2017/

Cvlt nation's best black metal 2017 list, some good stuff that has been rec-d in this thread (dawn rayd, black cilice), some stuff I need to check (viodsphere), Chaos Moon at no.1 and gotta say after finally getting the vinyl it is an absolute gem.

So i don't know if this interests any of you, but my brother gave me a remastered copy of Satyricon's "Nemesis Divina" for Christmas, and despite being an extreme death and black metal fan when I was in high school, I don't think I'd ever listened to this record all the way through before.  I saw them once in 2004 when Fuel for my Hatred came out, but beyond that I never really checked them out. 

This album is really good!  It's so much more varied than i was anticipating...  I was kind of expecting a bland Dark Funeral/Marduk kind of thing, but this has a lot of good stuff.  The riffs in Nemesis Divina are savage at points!  Also I had no idea that Nocturno Culto played guitar, and that Fenriz wrote Du Some Hater Gud.  Wild. 

On 06/01/2018 at 8:29 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

So i don't know if this interests any of you, but my brother gave me a remastered copy of Satyricon's "Nemesis Divina" for Christmas, and despite being an extreme death and black metal fan when I was in high school, I don't think I'd ever listened to this record all the way through before.  I saw them once in 2004 when Fuel for my Hatred came out, but beyond that I never really checked them out. 

This album is really good!  It's so much more varied than i was anticipating...  I was kind of expecting a bland Dark Funeral/Marduk kind of thing, but this has a lot of good stuff.  The riffs in Nemesis Divina are savage at points!  Also I had no idea that Nocturno Culto played guitar, and that Fenriz wrote Du Some Hater Gud.  Wild. 

Satyricon do nothing for me, to be fair I haven't listened to them much at all... I got through about 5 mins of this and just felt like I'd rather put on some early Opeth...

Favourite Opeth albums?

Blackwater park

Still life

My arms your hearse

Ghost reveries

Not sure whether or not it was already  mentioned before, but I've just found out this album from 2016 which  is pretty mindblowing...a perfect mix of post rock, emo, black metal with beautiful brass arrangments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6bpiizvPYU

Do yourselves a favour and have a listen, the vinyl goes for cheap on discogs

Edited by helsabot

On 1/8/2018 at 7:53 AM, helsabot said:

Not sure whether or not it was already  mentioned before, but I've just found out this album from 2016 which  is pretty mindblowing...a perfect mix of post rock, emo, black metal with beautiful brass arrangments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6bpiizvPYU

Do yourselves a favour and have a listen, the vinyl goes for cheap on discogs

My AOTY from 2016. They've got a new album coming out this spring, too.