Black Metal Discussion Thread

Back on the Fallen Empire topic for a sec. I missed out on all 3 Lluvia LPs that they released over the years (was late to the party of listening to that band - fucking great atmospheric metal that you MUST check out.) So then FE was talking about doing a vinyl box set including all 3 albums. I read on the NWN forum that this set would come out whenever FE/Lluvia got around to it. REALLY hoping that actually happens still, because those albums have become must-own material in my book.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:18 PM, defectiveepitaph said:

Back on the Fallen Empire topic for a sec. I missed out on all 3 Lluvia LPs that they released over the years (was late to the party of listening to that band - fucking great atmospheric metal that you MUST check out.) So then FE was talking about doing a vinyl box set including all 3 albums. I read on the NWN forum that this set would come out whenever FE/Lluvia got around to it. REALLY hoping that actually happens still, because those albums have become must-own material in my book.

It was already announced that this would not be happening. Sorry. 

going to plug myself a bit here, sorry in advance. my pal and i are starting up our monthly music/vinyl/tape related podcast again. it has a heavy emphasis on the more “extreme” side of metal, with some smatterings of rock and other stuff as well. we’ll likely be covering a bunch of what can be found in this thread, but if you’d like to hear more about new bands, releases and labels, please check us out and/or follow us on our music-only instagram. to subscribe to our podcast, just follow the link below or from our instagram profile page, and join our mailing list. zero spam and zero bullshit. episodes resume next week. thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looked like the final Fallen Empire release schedule some must haves in this MISÞYRMING and Skaphe  in particular for me... only making as many as get ordered

The shop is back open until October 19th. Enter '3HOPCE' at checkout for 20% off your total, no restrictions.

https://store.fallenempirerecords.com/

From here on out, all releases will be made-to-order, since there's no longer any reason to generate excess inventory. We will be running a fixed pre-order period for each release, and however many copies get ordered through the shop + our distributors will be what is made.

Here's what's left:

---

OCTOBER 26

ANDEIS - SERVANTS OF THE COLD NIGHT LP
DET EVIGA LEENDET - LENIENCE LP
LUNAR MANTRA - GENESIS LP
KRUKH - БЕЗГЛУЗДІСТЬ! LP
SKÁPHE - UNTITLED MLP
SKÁPHE - SKÁPHE² LP
TRIUMVIR FOUL - SPIRITUAL BLOODSHED LP*
WORMLUST - THE FERAL WISDOM LP

NOVEMBER

ACATHEXIS - S/T LP
ARKHTINN - 最初の災害 LP^
HHWAUOCH - S/T LP^
MAHR - ANTELUX LP^
MARE COGNITUM - PHOBOS MONOLITH DLP
MARE COGNITUM - LUMINIFEROUS AETHER DLP
VOIDSPHERE - TO AWAIT | TO EXPECT LP^

DECEMBER 26

DEATH FORTRESS - REIGN OF THE UNENDING LP
GUÐVEIKI - VÆNGFÖR LP
LUBBERT DAS - DE PLAGEN LP
MISÞYRMING - SÖNGVAR ELDS OG ÓREIÐU LP
SERPENT COLUMN - INVICTA MLP
TCHORNOBOG - S/T DLP

*Released by Vrasubatlat. Distributed by Fallen Empire.

^Digital by Fallen Empire. Physical by Amor Fati. Pre-orders for North American people will be available via Fallen Empire.

PS: Some of these will also be released on cassette. Stay tuned to find out which.

---

Additionally, we have prepared a sampler for new releases that will be handled exclusively by FE:

https://bandcamp.fallenempirerecords.com/album/-

ANDEIS // DET EVIGA LEENDET // KRUKH // LUBBERT DAS // ACATHEXIS // DEATH FORTRESS // SERPENT COLUMN // GUÐVEIKI

Cover art for each release (except for Death Fortress) can be seen by visiting the specific track pages.

---

Previews of the Amor Fati / ПРАВА Коллектив releases, along with the November batch release date, will be posted later.

---

Start the timer.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:43 AM, Twistedshabazz said:

So they will be doing a sale on whats left, close the store, and open in the future for fixed release items?

My impression was this is the final releases they will be doing. listening to the sampler on band camp gonna have to get the Det eviga leendet album too this track slays.

https://bandcamp.fallenempirerecords.com/album/-

Also the Acathexis track is crazy good

Edited by 2notepockets

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:07 AM, 2notepockets said:

Going to see Uada tonight, stoked.

Every time I try to get into these guys, I just turn 'Groza' or 'Exercises in Futility' on instead.   There is music made within the confines of a genre's traditions, and then there are bands that completely ape another band, and Uada are apes down to their black face-covering leotards.

Yeah I would more compare them to Dissection. I find their songs a little less straight forward than Mgla... although I can certainly understand the comparison

I enjoyed it, unfortunately the touring support (Atra Vetosus) were a bit  of a let down, partly due to sound problems but also utilising overdubs to play some of the quieter guitar parts... You have 2 guys on stage with guitars why can't they play it?? <_<

On 11/7/2018 at 8:56 AM, coreystevens88 said:

Every time I try to get into these guys, I just turn 'Groza' or 'Exercises in Futility' on instead.   There is music made within the confines of a genre's traditions, and then there are bands that completely ape another band, and Uada are apes down to their black face-covering leotards.

Interesting. For some reason I had never listened to Mgla and now that I am listening, I completely agree with you. Now I gotta find their records in the States.

38 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Interesting. For some reason I had never listened to Mgla and now that I am listening, I completely agree with you. Now I gotta find their records in the States.

https://www.20buckspin.com/search?type=product&q=Mgla

most distros will stock them in and out, 20BS has a few left from a recent restock. good stuff!

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Oh yeah, highly recommended. 

Related, although it may have been posted here already.

https://ksmpl.bandcamp.com/album/apocalypticists

21 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

Oh yeah, highly recommended. 

Related, although it may have been posted here already.

https://ksmpl.bandcamp.com/album/apocalypticists

From the research I've done, I guess that is their main band and Mgla was supposed to be a side project? Definitely gonna need that on vinyl.

• 1 month later...