Black Metal Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting episode of the Radical Research podcast detailing the early 2nd wave of Norwegian BM recorded at Grieghallen.

http://radicalresearch.org/episode-25-pyttens-chamber-music-black-metal-in-grieghallen/

Some choice cuts in here Immortal, Hades, Emperor. I easily forget how good early Burzum is due to the massive Varg taint...

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Stumbled upon these guys - Sarkrista. The record was hard to find. I finally found it a store located in Pasadena. Never heard of it, but chancing it. I guess Hells Headbangers had it at one time, but most everywhere it seems sold out. Hopefully they're not NSBM because it's really good.

Edited by lexicondevil

15 minutes ago, 2notepockets said:

I dig, only gripe is that snare sounds a bit like a brown paper bag.

Can't see anything to link them to NSBM... Although their label is called Purity through fire I'm sure that could be interpreted many ways lel

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass trying to navigate through fascist bullshit. I'm not seeing obvious indicators. Really loving it.

On 3/6/2019 at 6:07 AM, Mars said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed - Anyone see the Lords of Chaos movie yet?

I didn't care for it.  The events were right enough based on my memory of the book, so there's that.  They seem to play up Euronymous as more of a sympathetic character than I think he probably was.  It's not so awful it's unwatchable, but I think that even if it's taken outside the context of being based on actual events, it's not really that good of a movie.  I'd be surprised if it wasn't mostly forgotten.

When you can't decide between Neo-Folk and Black Metal you can have both. Northern Silence just put up more copies of the Suldusk album. It's the marble edition /199. Going quick. It was just under $35 including shipping. Comparisons to Myrkur are inevitable.

https://suldusk-northernsilence.bandcamp.com/album/lunar-falls?token=EC-2HW25144BY783951X

On 4/13/2019 at 12:46 AM, lexicondevil said:

When you can't decide between Neo-Folk and Black Metal you can have both. Northern Silence just put up more copies of the Suldusk album. It's the marble edition /199. Going quick. It was just under $35 including shipping. Comparisons to Myrkur are inevitable.

https://suldusk-northernsilence.bandcamp.com/album/lunar-falls?token=EC-2HW25144BY783951X

3 tracks in, fucking loving this... Never got into Myrkur much might have to revisit

Edited by 2notepockets

Acathexis is a great album. I ordered one, he sent me two in different shipments. Then he wrote me to tell me he was shipping another and I had to quickly write him back and tell him I already received my order twice and offered to pay him for the second record. He said it was fine and thanks for letting him know. I'm wondering if other people are getting duplicate orders from FE.

13 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Acathexis is a great album. I ordered one, he sent me two in different shipments. Then he wrote me to tell me he was shipping another and I had to quickly write him back and tell him I already received my order twice and offered to pay him for the second record. He said it was fine and thanks for letting him know. I'm wondering if other people are getting duplicate orders from FE.

I didn't have that issue with my first order.  I've got those Arkhtinn LPs they were selling on the way now and only got one shipping notification for them as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WWYYnnIE5M

Panzerfaust is a fantastic BM band from Canada. Recently signed to Eisenwald for their new full length. I saw them live last year opening for Uada, they crushed the place! One of the few BM bands to have legitimate stage presence and create a genuinely dark atmosphere. I'm 100% in for this!

USA preorders --- EU preorders.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 4:46 AM, 2notepockets said:

whole album, tooooo good, patiently waitin on 20 buck spin to get all the Fallen empire stuff in...

My students are annoying the hell out of me right now, so I am BLASTING Acathexis while they finish their work. They can't hear each other talk. It's pretty fucking satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, lexicondevil said:

My students are annoying the hell out of me right now, so I am BLASTING Acathexis while they finish their work. They can't hear each other talk. It's pretty fucking satisfying.

I played the first song for my students today, too. More than half of the 8th grade was on their end of the year field trip, so we had a Smash Brothers tournament in my class. Then I agreed to listen to a BTS song that one of my students has been asking me to do all year...as long as she listened to Acathexis. She said it sounded like static. I love it, but she's not entirely wrong. haha

Edited by Scruffy...the janitor

• 5 months later...