FS: Thrice "Alchemy Index"

ducksworth

Supply & demand. I had 20+ of these at one point. Bought them for $20 on clearance @ Hot Topic when no one cared. Sold most of them for $40 & thought I was a genius back then. Now history has shown people will pay $200, $300, $400, etc. I would never pay that. But if someone wants to pay me that I will gladly let it go. $200 is too low for me. I'll keep it & have it in my collection, but if someone wants it for a price I find agreeable I will definitely part with it. 

edit: Lowest I'll go is $250 probably.

Supply & demand. I had 20+ of these at one point. Bought them for $20 on clearance @ Hot Topic when no one cared. Sold most of them for $40 & thought I was a genius back then. Now history has shown people will pay $200, $300, $400, etc. I would never pay that. But if someone wants to pay me that I will gladly let it go. $200 is too low for me. I'll keep it & have it in my collection, but if someone wants it for a price I find agreeable I will definitely part with it. 

edit: Lowest I'll go is $250 probably.

My only question is how many dislikes is that comment going to get you?

My only question is how many dislikes is that comment going to get you?

All of them. Just like I used to. People just can't handle the truth. If I sell it then my collection is broken :( Then I'll have to sell all my other Thrice records for way too much money. Shit, it was so much fun when you could buy these records for $2 @ Hot Topic. Then they had to change all their clearance rules & ruin the fun.

Oh here we go again.

I don't get it... People sell vinyl on here all the time for more than they bought them for, how much more are people "allowed" to ask? I agree that some prices seem gauged, but your not going to find an Alchemy Index for less than $300 even on E Bay. If you don't like a price or aren't even interested in the record, why would you give the OP grief over it? If the pricing is way out of line then I say let them have it, but simply trying to make close to what a record is worth...I know the whole thing about helping out a fellow collector vibe going on here, but what about just letting it be? IDK just my thoughts, seen a lot of people on here getting harassed simply for doing what the forum was designed to do, sell records!

Oh shit. A levelheaded person has entered the thread. SHUT IT DOWN!

edit: I forgot on this forum I have to give a stranger I've never met a great deal to be liked. "Sell it to me at $100 below going rate or you're an asshole!" I post a price, you are free to make an offer. We agree or don't. Life goes on. The records keep spinning. Or it sits on my shelf like it has since 2008.

but your not going to find an Alchemy Index for less than $300 even on E Bay.

this has gone for less than $300 about 10 times since the beginning of October(Popsike), some sealed and only some with replacement disc, lowest price at $203 USD. I think people are up in arms over the zero logic that goes into pricing rare shit like this other than sellers saying 'well thats what I would take to part with it', after pulling a big number out of thin air rather than doing the tiniest amount of research to avoid these shitstorms.  Someone will buy it, but I would take it to Discogs to get the most out of it especially for 250 which is beyond reasonable compared to the ones on there now and the previous auctions without replacement discs ending for about that much. 

this has gone for less than $300 about 10 times since the beginning of October(Popsike), some sealed and only some with replacement disc, lowest price at $203 USD. I think people are up in arms over the zero logic that goes into pricing rare shit like this other than sellers saying 'well thats what I would take to part with it', after pulling a big number out of thin air rather than doing the tiniest amount of research to avoid these shitstorms.  Someone will buy it, but I would take it to Discogs to get the most out of it especially for 250 which is beyond reasonable compared to the ones on there now and the previous auctions without replacement discs ending for about that much. 

Only other copy on eBay right now is $500. Last one sold was unknown ($350 listed, but accepted offer). Then there was $375, but accepted offer. $255. $365. $350, but accepted offer. $399. $375. etc. So nice job pulling the lowest numbers when almost every listing has sold for over $300.

edit: Basically, nice job using numbers that you can skew to your views & not the fucking truth. Dumbass.

edit2.0: You might also want to see that a bunch of those sold for $200 are from Germany & Australia. Shipping out the butt right there. My offer of $300 was completely normal & in line with the going rate. NEXT!

Only other copy on eBay right now is $500. Last one sold was unknown ($350 listed, but accepted offer). Then there was $375, but accepted offer. $255. $365. $350, but accepted offer. $399. $375. etc. So nice job pulling the lowest numbers when almost every listing has sold for over $300.

$200 is still good considering the defective disc. Just sell it on the Cogs and get it over with, boss.

edit: Basically, nice job using numbers that you can skew to your views & not the fucking truth. Dumbass.

edit2.0: You might also want to see that a bunch of those sold for $200 are from Germany & Australia. Shipping out the butt right there. My offer of $300 was completely normal & in line with the going rate. NEXT!

are you an idiot?? is ebay the only site you know that sells vinyl? what a piece of shit. take your defective album and throw it on ebay. I've been selling records to pay my bills since before you knew what a record was. Good for you having a Thrice album you feel is worth more than it is. 

I know this will be ever so confusing to you but theres a site called Discogs that also sells records. I know I know, thats not ebay! I'm going to spend $100 more and get a set with the replacement disc here:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/202221889

Go fuck yourself. 

Also I would much rather spend $200 and pay $60 for shipping for a set with a good disc than support your stupid ass self

AND you're right I coded that page on popsike real quick to get the best of you. there is no truth to it. 

"almost every listing has sold for over $300."

except those near dozen in the past two months  :wub:

I'm guessing this is not your listing because its far lower than your price, sealed, and comes with the good disc yeah?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thrice-Alchemy-Index-10-NUMBERED-vinyl-UNOPENED-Contains-good-Earth-disc-RARE-/131375641396?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e96993334

EDIT: Oh I see it. yeah you do have some good experience selling Disney pins, Star Trek RPG cards, and $20 records. I stand corrected on your vast knowledge of vinyuls.