PO: Songs of Anarchy: Music From Sons of Anarchy 1-4 2XLP Soundtrack

jhulud

songs_of_anarchy__12569_std.jpg

Songs of Anarchy: Music from Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-4 features a stunning collection of fifteen revered performances, recorded specifically for the hard-hitting and award-winning Fox television show. To celebrate this long enduring biker drama series, Friday Music enhances your music pleasure with the first time ever audiophile vinyl release of this stellar soundtrack album.

The double album features a plethora of classic tunes and fan favorites. Paul Brady s brilliant take of The Rolling Stones classic Gimme Shelter, Lyle Workman and Bob Thiele Jr. s amazing interpretation of the CCR smash Fortunate Son and of course Curtis Stigers bluesy favorite rendition of Warren Haynes John The Revelator all add to the excitement of this trail blazing television series that continues to thrill its millions of fans worldwide.

The collection kicks off with the Emmy nominated and ASCAP award-winning series theme song This Life sung and written by Curtis Stigers. Golden Globe® Award winning actress/singer Katey Sagal along with The Forest Rangers perform four tracks on the soundtrack including a standout performance of Son Of A Preacher Man and an emotional reading of Leonard Cohen s epic Bird On A Wire. Even Canadian legendary hard rockers throw down a brilliant version of The Who s Slip Kid featuring Franky Perez. Plus classic material reimagined from the words and music of Neil Young, Bob Dylan, The Animals and Billie Holiday truly make this a memorable soundtrack of our times.

This amazing double album is the first in a deluxe series of a limited edition 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl releases from the Sons Of Anarchy television soundtrack series with Friday Music.

For a very limited time, Songs of Anarchy: Music from Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-4 will be presented on a 2 LP clear audiophile vinyl with a stunning gatefold cover featuring the SOA logo and original artwork as you will remember from this incredible series created by Kurt Sutter.

Songs of Anarchy: Music from Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-4... 15 tracks of rock & blues power...on first time audiophile vinyl... courtesy of the Sons Of Anarchy and Friday

Vinyl Color: Clear (Limited Edition)

Track Listing

LP 1
1. This Here – Curtis Stigers And The Forest Rangers
2. Son of A Preacher Man – Katey Sagal And The Forest Rangers
3. Forever Young – Audra Mae and The Forest Rangers
4. John The Revelator – Curtis Stigers and The Forest Rangers
5. Fortunate Son – Lyle Workman and Bob Thiele Jr
6. Slip Kid – Anvil Featuring Franky Perez
7. Girl From The North Country – The Lions
8. Someday Never Comes – Billy Valentine and The Forest Rangers

LP 2
1. Gimme Shelter – Paul Brady and The Forest Rangers
2. Bird On A Wire – Katey Sagal and The Forest Rangers
3. Hey Hey, My My – Batteme
4. What A Wonderful World – Alison Mosshart and The Forest Rangers
5. Los Tiempos Van Cambiando (The Times They Are A Changin') – Franky Perez
6. Strange Fruit – Katey Sagal Featuring Blake Mills and The Forest Rangers
7. House of the Rising Sun (Season 4 finale version) – The White Buffalo and The Forest Rangers

SRC: http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Soundtrack-%252d-Songs-of-Anarchy%3A-Music-From-Sons-of-Anarchy-1%252d4-2XLP.html

I haven't purchased any of the TV shows that I love (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Dexter) soundtracks previously because I didn't feel like I'd ever listen to them.  The songs seemed kinda random/hit or miss.

This, however, has songs that I love.

That said, wont be purchasing because of the price.

Lastly, I find it funny that SRC (and others) continually list things as "limited," but conveniently don't announce how many pieces are being produced.  I'm sure they are "limited" to however many people buy them.

I haven't purchased any of the TV shows that I love (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Dexter) soundtracks previously because I didn't feel like I'd ever listen to them.  The songs seemed kinda random/hit or miss.

This, however, has songs that I love.

That said, wont be purchasing because of the price.

Lastly, I find it funny that SRC (and others) continually list things as "limited," but conveniently don't announce how many pieces are being produced.  I'm sure they are "limited" to however many people buy them.

So true... Did we ever get a pressing number on the Futures repress? I am excited for this the music on this show was great.

I guess I'm alone here but I thought a lot of the music on this show sucked. The Queen cover at the end of one of the episodes this season was absolutely embarassing. Katey Sagal's "Green Sleeves" or whatever was equally as bad.

I've always though the music was one of the worst parts of the show.  We've made jokes about it in the SoA thread.

I was at a friend's wedding and we ended up at a bar. A band called The Chimpz were playing and kept mentioning/handing out flyers that said "our music has been played on Sons Of Anarchy".

Long story short their music was really bad and I don't see them on this OST. Plus that's such a terrible band name.