PO : Modest Mouse - Strangers to Ourselves

Hmm, that's really weird.   I never paid attention enough on the previous albums I guess.  Is there a reason they do this?

I believe they usually do that to keep the running time as short as possible across each side because it allows for better sound quality.

Yup, this. You want to keep a side as close to 20 minutes as possible, otherwise you start getting some pretty bad inner groove distortion over 20.  18-20 minutes is just about ideal, so you get those tracks mixed up to fit.

They totally killed it at webster last night. Sugar boats and wicked campaign are great live tunes

Yea Ive seen sugarboats like 3 times live and loved it.  Bummed I missed the webster hall shows, but after seeing them 3 times last year and multiple times before that I feel content on MM shows for a while

So I actually sat down this morning and listened to this record through twice

This is not a bad record at all. It sounds like Modest Mouse to me. Lyrics arent bad. Music is good

Overall its a solid album sand Pistol.

Does he fit in wit the rest of their catalog....yes it does

Solid release

The Best Room. The outro is my favourite part of the entire album. "Don't you know it's hard feeling tired all the time" Fuck yeah, it is. Where was this emotion during the other 14 tracks?

shit accidentally downvoted on my phone my bad! But for real, the whole album is full of emotion to me. Finally got the chance to listen to it yesterday and love it. Even god is an Indian had like two lines to it, but still so powerful. To ne its like god put this beauty here and we came along and are dicking it up all over the place. Album is fantastic in my eyes

shit accidentally downvoted on my phone my bad! But for real, the whole album is full of emotion to me. Finally got the chance to listen to it yesterday and love it. Even god is an Indian had like two lines to it, but still so powerful. To ne its like god put this beauty here and we came along and are dicking it up all over the place. Album is fantastic in my eyes

India is a mess I agree

So I actually sat down this morning and listened to this record through twice

This is not a bad record at all. It sounds like Modest Mouse to me. Lyrics arent bad. Music is good

Overall its a solid album sand Pistol.

Does he fit in wit the rest of their catalog....yes it does

Solid release

I've listened to it a few times over the last week and I actually think it's decent. I like it.

idk that's how i took it anyway. Also is maybe a nod back to Bukowski on 'Good News...'; "god takes life he's an Indian giver". I never know for sure with them

Well, you can never really know with Isaac haha. In Bukowski calling God an Indian giver is being mad at either God for taking lives back if he believes (he doesn't) or religion in general because followers devote their lives to God in return for his gift of life because they think it's expected of them (I think it's this one).