PO Now: Desaparecidos new album: "Payola" Coming Jun 23rd, 2015

I am really enjoying this record. Super surprised to see the dislike actually. It's a little more than I would expect from a Desaparecidos album in 2015.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel......each of the singles I thought were much stronger than what I anticipated and though this album contain all of those singles it also is stronger than I anticipated.....really didn't think I'd be into this at all, and I'm kind of loving it and it's got me really stoked to see them at work whenever that show is

Finally listened to this today. Damn fine follow-up album, even though it's years later. This band has never portrayed a "sense of urgency" in my opinion. They're not a punk band, just a super gritty pop outfit going after the man and they deliver with this release. It's not the best album I've heard all year but it's not bad or lacking whatsoever. I'm sure these guys are a blast live now like they were then.

I ended up grabbing a copy from Epitaph's merch store along with the first album which I only had on CD. I went with the 'deluxe' on black, which I would have preferred a cheaper standard, but is there a standard? Seems like all have the die cut sleeves. The red must of gotten delayed too because the release date is 6/30, not sure what the numbers on those are.

So it seems ALL copies have a die-cut sleeve.. when they first posted the pre-orders initially, it seemed like only the red copies had it as a 'deluxe' version. Also not calling the label out or anything like that, just trying to have fun by figuring out all the variants for this bad boy.

Black /1000, Green /2000, Red /???, White /???

Seriously. I feel ripped off for paying for a "deluxe" version that might not be deluxe. If they ever ship, we'll find out I guess.

I bought the black version from KRM and it was the same price. That's why I figured there was a cheaper standard version. I posted above that the red had a 6/30 release date for some reason. That's probably why yours didn't ship yet.