Old Band Shirt Appreciation Thread

kjkenney

I still have my old leftover crack shirt. The ink is 95% faded and looks like a faded black shirt.

That thing is probably 11 years old and I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Saw them at a house show around '01 or '02 right after Mediocre Generica came out and all I had money for that night was the cover to get in

I have a rule, If I'm not into a band enough to know a good 70% of an album, I won't buy their shirt. Years of approaching kids in Sublime shirts and having them not understand my tattoo led me to this.

this blows me away when I encounter this haha. Like 5 years ago I met a guy with a Poison the Well shirt and I struck up a convo about specifics on them and he just looked at me and said "idk I liked the shirt". Sublime, Nirvana, and Misfits shirts are by far the most misleading from what I've encountered

I'm not really old enough to have bought any cool shirts that would be considered old now, but I have got some awesome deals on the Bay.

Here are two I got for $10 shipped.

GIQP1ob.jpg

TJPNU6U.jpg

I way dig this! I love seeing bands that have drastically changed over the years and you can see how their merch is a reflection of that. The second wave punk bands especially! Old Blink merch compared to newer Blink merch is night and day.

Found some more to post!

TBS Tell All Your Friends era shirt (Goodwill score):

WP_20141211_018_zpsed288bdf.jpg

Weezer Blue Album era shirt (gifted to me by a friend years later as I was 8 when that came out ha!):

WP_20141211_019_zpsc5f23b94.jpg

WP_20141211_020_zps10c1b1d1.jpg

Pedro the Lion Control era shirt (eBay score):

WP_20141211_021_zps69f24eab.jpg

this blows me away when I encounter this haha. Like 5 years ago I met a guy with a Poison the Well shirt and I struck up a convo about specifics on them and he just looked at me and said "idk I liked the shirt". Sublime, Nirvana, and Misfits shirts are by far the most misleading from what I've encountered

It's just like, NEVER DO THAT. IT GIVES ME FALSE HOPE FOR CONVERSATION.

I love old band shirts. I search high and low for them at Goodwill, get them for a buck sometimes on eBay, and still have some from my youth that I cherish and wear to this day. While girls and friends have come and gone, my band shirts have been with me longer than anything I own and every time I open my drawer I get a smack of nostalgia and love it. My mom threw out shirts of mine after I moved out after high school graduation and some have torn or been traded or gifted or sold, but these three are the ones I've held onto the longest! The Cadillac Blindside one was ordered with These Liquid Lungs back in 02 when it came out, and the other two are from 03 I believe.

WP_20141211_001_zpscd8b25e8.jpg

SO, what are some of your guys' older most cherished shirts? Stuff from your youth and whatnot. Any cool stories go along with them? Show stories, pre orders, etc. Pics greatly encouraged!

Bear vs Shark! Nice. Bummed I never got to see them live...

Here are a 2 of my favourites. Probably each about 10 yrs old.

This Propagandhi shirt has been well worn. Had to take the sleeves off because they were full of holes. Just wear this one around the house now, hence all the paint on it:

Front:

3329fzt.png

Awesome quote on the back:

t5opld.jpg

Here's a Converge track jacket I got on the You Fail Me tour. Up for grabs if anyone wants it!

Front:

slo1ol.jpg

Back:

2e1wys5.jpg

I'll have to dig out some old band tees of mine. I've got hundreds of them up in the loft of my garage.

I was up there getting Christmas stuff down last weekend and counted about 15 trash bags full of folded band tees and about 10 big plastic bins full of various band tees and hoodies. I'll have to post some pics soon and maybe put a bunch of stuff on ebay.

Ok, so I use to have 2 awesome shirts that I can't for the life of me figure out where they went.

1. A black zip-up Lagwagon hoodie with a rip-off of the Dogtown cross on the front, and "endless bummer" printed on the back with some awesome artwork of a burger, coffee, cigs, etc PIC: http://dressedtopunx.tumblr.com/post/85902669871/lagwagon-endless-bummer

2. A 3/4 baseball t from Dillinger Escape Plan with a rip-off of the Guns n Roses logo. http://www.rockabilia.com/dillinger-escape-plan-guns-baseball-jersey.html (this shows as a pre-order, but the shirt itself is probably like 10 yrs old at least.)

If anyone has either of these and wants to sell, PLEASE let me know!

My busdy bought that DEP shirt one of the 400 times we have seen them live. I really wanted it but didnt want tobiy the same shirt. I bought a black shirt with the DEP name and bar logo with green text instead. Mine is thrashed as all hell since it's over 10 years old but i still rock it.

Here are a 2 of my favourites. Probably each about 10 yrs old.

This Propagandhi shirt has been well worn. Had to take the sleeves off because they were full of holes. Just wear this one around the house now, hence all the paint on it:

Front:

3329fzt.png

Awesome quote on the back:

t5opld.jpg

Here's a Converge track jacket I got on the You Fail Me tour. Up for grabs if anyone wants it!

Front:

slo1ol.jpg

Back:

2e1wys5.jpg

I stil have my you fail me hoodie i bought on the YFM tour. Missing the string in the hoodie but still in great shape. Some people give it an odd look since it has cut marks as part of the design on the wrist of one sleeve but oh well