14 Rush albums being repressed in 2015

Oh, c'mon you guys. Can't a guy like both Rush and Coheed? And Taylor Swift? And Sleep? And MF DOOM? I believe it.

Everyone stop being dicks about other people's taste in music. <3

I legit like/love all those things.

Well, actually, I'm not terribly familiar with Sleep. But Rush, Coheed, Swift and DOOM, I'm into all that, a lot.

• 1 month later...

For those wondering about the recent reissue(s), I just got my copy of Fly By Night and it's excellent.

Heavy 200 grams vinyl housed in a copy of Original Master Sleeve inner sleeve, prestine, quiet and it sounds excellent. Included is a lyric sheet like the original release and a card with the details about the mastering and a download for MP4 files. The outer sleeve is ok, nothing spectacular.

The downloadable MP4 files are ok but sound so low compared to most of my other music. The download that came with Rush ReDISCovered box set from last year also sounded very low in volume.

As a huge Rush fan, it is worth the 30$. 

Available on both Amazon.ca and http://www.rushbackstage.com/for roughly the same price but a bit cheaper on Rush's webstore.

For those wondering about the recent reissue(s), I just got my copy of Fly By Night and it's excellent.

Heavy 200 grams vinyl housed in a copy of Original Master Sleeve inner sleeve, prestine, quiet and it sounds excellent. Included is a lyric sheet like the original release and a card with the details about the mastering and a download for MP4 files. The outer sleeve is ok, nothing spectacular.

The downloadable MP4 files are ok but sound so low compared to most of my other music. The download that came with Rush ReDISCovered box set from last year also sounded very low in volume.

As a huge Rush fan, it is worth the 30$. 

Available on both Amazon.ca and http://www.rushbackstage.com/for roughly the same price but a bit cheaper on Rush's webstore.

I was planning to buy this reissue but i found a Mercury press (Canadian) of it just last week for $5 in pretty good condition. 

I may still pick this up if it drops in price in the future though.

I was planning to buy this reissue but i found a Mercury press (Canadian) of it just last week for $5 in pretty good condition. 

The Canadian pressing is on Anthem. Mercury is from the USA.

I also had an original Canadian copy in mint condition (totally forgot it was in such a nice shape but missed the lyric sheet) but I planned on getting the whole repress serie so I couldn't pass this one. No regrets!

Today's also the day their tickets are available for the North American summer tour so get them fast! I'll be in New York this time.

The Canadian pressing is on Anthem. Mercury is from the USA.

I also had an original Canadian copy in mint condition (totally forgot it was in such a nice shape but missed the lyric sheet) but I planned on getting the whole repress serie so I couldn't pass this one. No regrets!

Today's also the day their tickets are available for the North American summer tour so get them fast! I'll be in New York this time.

I think Anthem Records was started after this release. 

Can you compare the sound of this release to the original press you have?

I didn't realize tix when on sale today. Need to look into it. It's been a long time since i've seen them live.

I didn't realize tix when on sale today. Need to look into it. It's been a long time since i've seen them live.

Looked into it here in Portland, sorry $100+ before fees is too much.

Tickets for Toronto are not on sale till Feb 6. But the Tickets for Buffalo are up, cheapest is $46 all the way up to $126.

Maybe a little bit much for me. I'll have to see what the Toronto prices are like.

Yeah, I guess ours don't go up until then either. That was some other site. If they end up being around $40 I'd go.

Wikipedia says Anthem Records was founded in 1977 so I guess you're right and I must have a later repress.

Yeah prices are high for their shows. Lowest prices for New York were $105 but hey their shows are always sold out over Canada (Toronto and Montreal at least) and it's supposed to be their last big tour from an interview Alex did recently. They're not saying it's their last tour but the next shouldn't be as big. 40 years of touring is something and I can see why they'll want to take it slow in the future.

Label doesn't matter. All that matters is the mastering engineers initials in the deadwax. For FBN, you want MASTERDISK stamped followed by either "G.K." or "e". Otherwise, it's not even worth $5.

I got lucky and was able to grab some really nice copies of about 8 of their albums from work. They're from radio and there were multiple copies of most so I checked them out and grabbed the best ones from the lot, most of the vinyl looks new.

Side note, I was also able to see them front row on the Snakes and Arrows tour. Which was insane. My friend and I were right in front of Geddy, it was easily one of the best concert experiences I've ever had. And the only time I've been that close at a show that wasn't in some club or a bar.

Label doesn't matter. All that matters is the mastering engineers initials in the deadwax. For FBN, you want MASTERDISK stamped followed by either "G.K." or "e". Otherwise, it's not even worth $5.

I had a closer look. The copy i have is the Canadian Mercury press with the Masterdick G.K. matrix markings. From what i can tell, Canadian pressings of Rush albums were done by Anthem in 1977 and after. My Rush s/t is also a Canadian Mercury press with the Masterdisk G.KONG. matrix marks so i guess i'll stop waiting for the recent box release of that to go on sale.

I had a closer look. The copy i have is the Canadian Mercury press with the Masterdick G.K. matrix markings. From what i can tell, Canadian pressings of Rush albums were done by Anthem in 1977 and after. My Rush s/t is also a Canadian Mercury press with the Masterdisk G.KONG. matrix marks so i guess i'll stop waiting for the recent box release of that to go on sale.

Great! Most people consider the GK pressings to be the best. There are some exceptions for some, but I would guess it comes down to preferences in overall sound. The new vinyl (series, so far) supposedly stands up right next to G.K. pressings, so it just depends if you are happy with your used pressings (surface noise, wear, etc) on whether you should get the new ones. My GKs aren't dead silent, but I'm trying not to buy dups right now, and I don't think these will go away quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

"All analogue masters" is a good sign, but I have a sneaking suspicion they're just gonna take these from the hi-rez files for the Sector CD sets. Those sound... OK... If a bit compressed... But certainly not as good as the original vinyl.

Just responding to my own post to say... I stand corrected. They really did these right. FBN sounds better than my GK (which was a bit noisy). If you can't find mint originals, these are right in the same ballpark.

I'm probably on board through Permanent Waves, depending on reviews... I have perfect originals after that.

• 4 weeks later...