Official Flenser Releases Thread - Always Flensing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, thetrackt said:

I bought the bell witch longing LP and am stoked about it but after years of collecting have no idea why someone would want a test press of an album   

The ones I have are all collector pieces I'll admit, is it logical to variant collect an artists back catalogue and include Test Presses in that collection? Not at all. Will I buy anything that has Planning For Burial on it? Yes.

I do enjoy making sleeves for them too. It's definitely not for everyone.

• 1 month later...

From Facebook:

We will be taking orders for the first Flenser membership series tomorrow at 10am PT. Planned releases are below. More info tomorrow.

Have A Nice Life - NEW ALBUM (details forthcoming)
drowse - NEW ALBUM (details forthcoming)
ALL YOUR SISTERS - Trust Ruins (details forthcoming)
Unannounced project 1 (who will it be??)
Elizabeth Colour Wheel - NOCEBO
Members Only Exclusive 12inch
Unannounced project 2 (who will it be??)
+ three 7 inches (TBA)

I asked about them doing this a few years back when I had a lot more money to throw around. If somehow they manage to extend this into their distribution deal with Throatruiner in the EU I'll definitely stump up the cash. If not I'll get whatever HANL n Drowse versions I can.

https://nowflensing.com/products/the-flenser-membership-series-series-one

Introducing The Flenser Membership Series. The initial installment (Series One) is a curated selection of 2019’s new Flenser releases. Members will receive six LPs and three 7 inches. These will all be special editions unique to members only, meaning either special vinyl colors or supplemental artwork that isn't available to anyone else.

This is going to be a massive year for us. Not only will there be a brand new Have a Nice Life album (!!!!!!!!), but several of our most beloved artists will also be releasing new material in 2019. Those who sign up for Series One can expect to receive the most exclusive versions of each of these releases.

Our first release of the year—and the first installment of Series One—will be the debut full-length from Boston's Elizabeth Colour Wheel, titled Nocebo. It is an excellent album and we can't wait for you to hear it. We're confident that Nocebo will become a beloved Flenser classic, along the lines of Planning for Burial's “Below the House,” or King Woman's “Doubt.”

Beyond the six regular LPs, there will also be an exclusive “members only” 12 inch. This mystery record will feature music from a current Flenser artist that won’t be available anywhere else.

The full list of Series One can be found below. As you can see we’re making most of the titles known now, but we’re keeping a couple under wraps for the time being.

Have a Nice Life - NEW ALBUM (details forthcoming)
Drowse - NEW ALBUM (details forthcoming)
All Your Sisters - Trust Ruins (details forthcoming)
Unannounced project (who will it be??)
Elizabeth Colour Wheel - Nocebo
Members Only Exclusive 12 inch
Unannounced project (who will it be??)
+ three 7 inches (TBA)

In addition to the new albums we have planned for 2019, there will be a number of reissues and represses from our back catalog. These will not be part of the Membership Series. Series One will include new releases only, so long-time fans of the label won't have to worry about receiving doubles of albums they already own.

Members will also receive Bandcamp downloads for all of the Series One releases, as well as a discount of 10% off distributed items and merchandise from The Flenser webstore. Postage is included in the price.

$200 for Domestic Membership (i.e. within the USA)
$250 for Canadian Membership
$300 for the Rest of the World Membership

It is possible to split your order into 4 interest free payments by checking out with Sezzle.

Elizabeth Colour Wheel - NOCEBO pre-orders are available now and the first track "23" is a belter IMO. Available on black, Milky clear with oxblood splatter and the same milky clear with oxblood splatter with  additional screen printed cover.

Bandcamp: https://elizabethcolourwheel.bandcamp.com/
US : https://nowflensing.com/collections/new-to-the-flenser-store/products/elizabeth-colour-wheel-nocebo-lp

EU: https://deathwishinc.eu/collections/the-flenser

Flenser membership version is milky clear with oxblood colour in colour and members might want to check their emails for a 10% discount off distributed web-store items and clothing. Discount codes are tied to your personal email.

10 hours ago, jhulud said:

Really diggin' the ECW track. My kinda shoegazey fuzzed-out noise.

It wasn't what I was expecting but I'm getting a real 90's vibe and I'm so happy to be in the sub now because this whilst being announced ahead was a total shot in the dark. Makes me hopeful for the other unannounced projects.

If one of them is Wreck & Reference I'll be over the moon, and it's been about the right amount of time between albums. No real intel, just a guess.