Official Flenser Releases Thread - Always Flensing

Pretty bummed to see that clear/green Black Wing pop up. Ordered the bundle and ended up receiving the standard green. I honestly wouldn't have cared if it hadn't cost more. I emailed twice and heard nothing back; it kind of jaded my outlook on Flenser a bit -- whom I've been a devout follower of for awhile.

Pretty bummed to see that clear/green Black Wing pop up. Ordered the bundle and ended up receiving the standard green. I honestly wouldn't have cared if it hadn't cost more. I emailed twice and heard nothing back; it kind of jaded my outlook on Flenser a bit -- whom I've been a devout follower of for awhile.

Another reason I don't pay mind to variants/rarity anymore (whenever possible)

I've been in similar instances myself; sadly it's not only the Flenser that does this.

Another reason I don't pay mind to variants/rarity anymore (whenever possible)

I've been in similar instances myself; sadly it's not only the Flenser that does this.

Well there are always people who are gonna cancel/buy too many and change their order ect and the label misplacing a few/getting returns/having extras from tours or any other case scenario, so you kinda have to expect it from nearly every label. Much like Topshelf with their spring cleaning and 'damaged item' sales...just have to roll with the initial PO then hope for the best a few will pop up down the road.

Why not buy the one you wanted then sell the one you have?

• 4 weeks later...

they want to get rich, it is 49 dollar shipping to europe, crazy!

Go to your local record store and ask if they work with an import retailer. I got mine for 55€ going that route. Other then that I think bisaufsmesser in Berlin had copies in stock. They do have an online store.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Still haven't gotten around to listening to Muscle and Marrow either.  Flenser bands tend to get a lot of attention in this thread, but it seems like it got completely overlooked.  Planning on checking them out at work tomorrow.

I'm really into that muscle and marrow track they've got up from the new album. I also love that one of the tags for the album is "apocalyptic folk". 

mystery release in top left is FUCKING NEW WRECK AND REFERENCE GODDAMN HELL YES

California’s multi-instrumentalist masterminds Ignat Frege and Felix Skinner, better known as Wreck and Reference, have announced their third-full length album: Indifferent Rivers Romance End. Due out July 22nd through longtime partner The Flenser, the album is a winding composition of ballads interrogating the endurance of purpose, love, and change, against the backdrop of disillusionment draining into nihilism. The first single “The Clearing” is streaming today as a preview to the album and it can be heard on Soundcloud or Youtube.

Indifferent Rivers Romance End was recorded by the band and mixed/mastered with Samur Khouja (Joanna Newsom, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony) in Los Angeles, CA earlier this year. The album contains 10 new tracks, clocking in at 44 minutes in length. This new album sees Wreck and Reference employ the pristine clarity of IDM and the rhythmic flood of trap, as an experiment in pop, metal, and noise with the increased use of digital synthesizers over previous works, creating a greater sense of fluidity and movement. 

Wreck and Reference formed in 2011 and recorded their first EP, Black Cassette, in a garage, drawing upon the blown out intensity of black metal and the angularity of noise rock, with themes of determinism and Cormac McCarthy-esque isolation. Instead of guitars, the instrumentation on Black Cassette was constructed of samples played through distorted amplifiers. In 2012, their debut full length Y̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ represented a dramatic expansion of their sonic palette. In deeper, darker tones, Y̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ was a reflection on the opposing forces of dismissal and longing for both the past and the future, questioning the value of the life lived and life that is still to come. These sounds and themes were pushed further in Wreck and Reference’s second full length Want in 2014. Described by Pitchfork as having “radical vision” and “boundless experimentation,” Want expanded into a darker and more brooding territory, plumbing the depths of isolation, sadness, and hopelessness, as if written from inside a room with only a dimming window into a perfectly callous world. In contrast to Wreck and Reference’s past work, Indifferent Rivers Romance End is an album that allows the possibility of change, even the necessity of it, when the self comes to face the inevitability of continued life amidst the construction and destruction of relationships. The cover depicts a statue of Heraclitus, the tearful Ancient Greek herald of change, tied to a brick and drowned in a river of liquor and dirt.

More songs from Indifferent Rivers Romance End will surface soon, and the album will be up for pre-order on May 6th at 10am PST at NowFlensing.com.

Indifferent Rivers Romance End Tracklist:
1. Powders
2. Flight But Not Metaphor
3. Ascend
4. The Clearing
5. Liver
6. Modern Asylum
7. Manifestos
8. Bullwhips
9. Languish
10. Unwant