Official Flenser Releases Thread - Always Flensing

24 minutes ago, monsterrod said:

Just to get in the mix, I'm a sub club member and frequent the forum. There are literally a couple of us! A COUPLE!

I'll let you know if I want to unload that Drowze but it's pretty unlikely, as I'm another unapologetic Flenser fanatic. 

Hey there’s more people in the Flenser sub than there are people interested in vapor wave group buys!

7 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Hey there’s more people in the Flenser sub than there are people interested in vapor wave group buys!

I want to live in a world where this is true.

Sadly this is the darkest timeline, where there are still open spaces on a sub capped at 150 but concept albums about a specific public bathroom in LA on neon pink vinyl emblazoned with knock off sailor moon mascot on the cover sell 300 copies in 0.2 seconds.

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

If Dan & Tim did a concept album about a public bathroom I’d probably sub.

But your not subbed and Dan & Tim are dropping a new album that is probably based on more interesting things Derek so what the heck you playing at?

Clearly only in it for the poop splash noises brah, that's weak.

22 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Sadly this is the darkest timeline, where there are still open spaces on a sub capped at 150

Yeah I'm really surprised that this is the case since HANL seem to have a good following.  This is the first sub I have done since an old sub pop one ages ago. But I figured if i didn't join I'd just end up having to spend $100 on the HANL variant on discogs anyways so it was an easy buy.

7 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

But your not subbed and Dan & Tim are dropping a new album that is probably based on more interesting things Derek so what the heck you playing at?

Clearly only in it for the poop splash noises brah, that's weak.

Would totally sub if I wasn’t budgeting for a relocation in the next few months.  Allocating a very set amount for critical pre-orders, and willing to roll the dice or compete for a rapid checkout on whatever limited variant is available for the new HANL.  I’m sure the sub variant will be killer though.  Maybe I can squeeze a sub in if I free up some funds between now and then.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Would totally sub if I wasn’t budgeting for a relocation in the next few months.  Allocating a very set amount for critical pre-orders, and willing to roll the dice or compete for a rapid checkout on whatever limited variant is available for the new HANL.  I’m sure the sub variant will be killer though.  Maybe I can squeeze a sub in if I free up some funds between now and then.

Good luck with the move bud, in all seriousness I get that 2 hundo is a huge investment. Sure the rarer retail version of Sea Of Worry will still be tasty too. I'm guessing that will be a last quarter release anyway.

1 hour ago, fish said:

Yeah I'm really surprised that this is the case since HANL seem to have a good following.  This is the first sub I have done since an old sub pop one ages ago. But I figured if i didn't join I'd just end up having to spend $100 on the HANL variant on discogs anyways so it was an easy buy.

Sound reasoning. I still haven't forgiven my buddy Josh cos I missed the OG colour press of The Unnatural World by attending his birthday whilst I was pre smart phone.

53 minutes ago, postsoftcore said:

I really would like to see All Your Sisters' first album get a repress, though I don't think it was on F.

I know they distro'd it when they first signed to the label but I think you're right. The previously mentioned Flenser fb group does run semi frequent strawpolls for things that need rerelease so if you bring it up who knows?

I set my own strawpoll up to try and show them how much demand there is for Time Of Land and Hinterkaifeck on wax but I think Dan & Tim don't want to do it. I mean they never outright stated it on the group but thatd be my guess.

Also Flenser Cd Sale til monday buy one get one free on all but Vale. Discount applied at check out.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You too!  Goddammit.

4 easy payments of $50 with that Sizzle / Sazzle / Frazzle, whatever it’s called.

I mean tbf so far this thread has had requests for All Your Sisters, Vale and drowse membership variants so even if theres stuff u dont dig you can probably rehome them dude.

Also cannot overstate enough how good that Elizabeth Colour Wheel album is.

11 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

honestly the upcoming HANL record is just the cherry on top of the best vinyl subscription I've ever been a part of.

Agreed. I really can't wait to see what the unannounced records will be as well. Hoping at least one of the three 7"s will be a Consumer release.

Plus the last record and exclusive 12" are listed as "Classic Flenser Artist" so you already know those will be good as well.

Edited by fish

Final album confirmed for the sub and my guess of Wreck & Reference was spot on. Hyped. Heres the blurb:

a0991512656_16.jpg

Absolute Still Life is the fourth full-length album by the experimental duo Wreck and Reference. The album marks a radical departure from the band’s heavy and noise rock origins and finds them driving toward a more electronic and abstract dimension. Like past albums, warped synthesizers and pillaged samples build up the harmonic elements of the songs, but the absence of acoustic drums gives Absolute Still Life a colder, more alien aesthetic. With fewer screams and stranger textures than before, Wreck and Reference find themselves alone again in uncharted and uncategorizable territory.

Absolute Still Life’s cover depicts a sickly still life in which edible and inedible elements mix in an unnatural and unappetizing collage of bright colors. The title reflects the absurdist version of reality that we find ourselves in and unable to escape.

To date, Wreck and Reference have released four EPs and three full-length albums. Their first work, an EP titled Black Cassette, showcased distorted fragments and synthesizers in angular, heavy songs, with themes of determinism and Cormac McCarthy-esque isolation. Their debut full-length Y̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ (2012) and their sophomore release Want (2014), described by Pitchfork as having “radical vision” and “boundless experimentation,” represented dramatic expansions of their sonic palette. In 2016, Wreck and Reference released their third LP,Indifferent Rivers Romance End, perfecting their song craft and pushing their noisy, sample-based instrumentation to its limits.

1. Black vinyl. 

2. Cyan colored vinyl. Limited to 500

4. Cyan colored vinyl + art book by the band. Limited to 300.

4. Series one membership edition.  Pie slice colored vinyl (Cyan, Red, Mustard) plus art book. Limited to 150.

Out July 19 2019. Series one memberships will ship before then. 

Track on bandcamp: https://wreckandreference.bandcamp.com/track/a-mirror

US Preorder: https://nowflensing.com/collections/pre-orders/products/wreck-and-reference-absolute-still-life-lp

EU Preorder: https://deathwishinc.eu/collections/the-flenser/products/wreck-and-reference-absolute-still-life

2 new W&R shirts are also up in the shop for those who wish to represent, they don't really do reprints on their designs generally so best to get em whilst the getting's good.

Will post the links/cover/song later im on my train commute atm n its fiddly by phone. 

Can't post the EU link as my workplace blocks Throatruiner's distro possibly because of the risqué name lol. But yall Europeans should know where to go.

Other flenz news: Vale records are shipping currently so any of those looking to score a membership version but dont have the funds to join the sub discogs n the flenser fb chat may be worth checking now. Jonathan has stated this mystery 12" is long enough to be considered an album. Also tentative plans for year 2 sub are in the works. They signed Midwife which I can't remember if I bothered waxing lyrical about at the time but she is god damn amazing so if she's year 2 I'm likely going in again.

Adding links and whatnot

Ugh.  Hot take here, but I just can’t get into W&R.  Even after seeing them live... they’re just not for me.  The club-exclusive variant sounds pretty heinous, too.  Haven’t seen the album art but Jon’s post above isn’t exactly inspiring me to run out and have a gander.

I still haven’t locked in a subscription yet, but if I do, you can bet I’d be willing to hook up someone with that one.

18 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Stoked that we're getting new W&R this year, significantly less stoked on the cover art.

I got my Vale LP on Monday.  Only had time for one listen, but I think it's my favorite of the sub releases.

Yeah i think the cover is supposed to be overexposed and ugly on purpose n I get it but its still yuck.

Heard that Vale is amazing being an overseas sub means my records get bundled together to save on shipping so mine wont land til drowse starts going out but im excited to hear it. I know its streaming in full over at blabbermouth but waiting to spin it.