Official Flenser Releases Thread - Always Flensing

Which would be sooner, except the plant that handled the last Deathconsciousness repress just recently burned down. How macabrely appropriate.

Yeah, that's a bizarre twist. Also tragic, seeing how I missed out on the last Deathcon re-press.

I always love ordering from Flenser so I can blast "Waiting For Black Metal Records To Come In The Mail" while I draw upon the irony succulently.

:P

I hope new Mamaleek will be better than last year, wasn't too crazy about it.

:o:(

BdN/Mamaleek/PfB is the sexiest vinyl package I've ever heard of

Seriously! That knocks out like all the spending I wanna do this year on vinyl haha.

I've listened to B-d-N's whole discography quite a bit now, I love their sound so much. The lyrics really are the crowning jewel. I honestly think III is a 10/10.

https://midheaven.com/item/via-dolorosa-by-mamaleek-lp#.VRdIp-GLUUw

Whoa, just found this. Mamaleek pre-order appears to be available already at Midheaven?

Check the description:

"The fifth album from Bay Area weirdos Mamaleek, Via Dolorosa is the duo’s darkest and most experimental release, incorporating black metal, psychedelia and electronic music. It is also the first Mamaleek record featuring live drums. At once harsh, frightening and beautiful, Via Dolorosa is like an evening at the darkest jazz club as it might appear in the depths of a child’s fever dream. Though the group’s two anonymous brothers hail from the San Francisco Bay Area and their work is rife with themes of death and nihilism, musically they stand apart from the city’s most well-known black metal exports (Weakling, Leviathan, et al.). Via Dolorosa features track titles inspired by traditional slave songs and incorporates melodic, Middle Eastern aesthetics. Bask in sorrow and reflect on your pitiful existence."

Aaaaaaand hype.

Oh fuck thanks for posting that. I've had a few drinks but damn that makes me even more excited knowing there's live drums. Really interested despite my love for the programmed drums in the past. Fever Dream is easily my favorite record of theirs, but I have high hopes for this full length.

Dat artwork too.

Oh fuck thanks for posting that. I've had a few drinks but damn that makes me even more excited knowing there's live drums. Really interested despite my love for the programmed drums in the past. Fever Dream is easily my favorite record of theirs, but I have high hopes for this full length.

Dat artwork too.

I'm just hoping the live drums stay as interesting as the electronic drums have been for them. I'm definitely excited about them, but I'd be kinda bummed if they just wound up being those cliche, run-of-the-mill "black metal drums". Absolutely stoked for everything else.

Cover is sweet. I just found the original photo they used, and if I'm bored later, I might Photoshop their old logo into it. English text is throwing me off!

I'm just hoping the live drums stay as interesting as the electronic drums have been for them. I'm definitely excited about them, but I'd be kinda bummed if they just wound up being those cliche, run-of-the-mill "black metal drums". Absolutely stoked for everything else.

Cover is sweet. I just found the original photo they used, and if I'm bored later, I might Photoshop their old logo into it. English text is throwing me off!

I hear ya. That's the sort of sound/transition I feel the new Sannhet record had. More familiar, more cliche, etc. I'm pretty sure Mamleek is the only "black metal" band to use all programmed drums, maybe aside from Blut aus Nord, so I doubt their implementation will be run of the mill. (Hopefully!)

That would be awesome, I'd look forward to it.

Planning For Burial's Leaving goes up for PO next week – that's not news to anyone at this point.  What you may not know is that they had to redo the album art on account of resolution issues, with the original art.

Presenting the vinyl art;

S2OWeYs.jpg

The vinyl run will be out of 500/600; 200 will be on pink vinyl, and the rest black.

Commence hype.