Official Flenser Releases Thread - Always Flensing

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Series 3 membership is up.  I hopped on the extreme edition.

https://nowflensing.com/products/the-flenser-membership-series-series-three/

•    Amulets - Blooming LP

•    Midwife - Luminol LP

•    New album from a classic Flenser artist

•    New album from a new Flenser artist

•    New album Full-length LP 

•    TOP SECRET EXCLUSIVE 12inch (Hint: S.T.P.B.)

•    7inch by Hand Model. (Series Three Exclusive)

The EXTREME Edition will also include:

•    Bosse-de-Nage - Bosse-de-Nage DLP 

•    Planning for Burial - Matawan: Collected Works 2010-2014 Volume One DLP 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the first subscriber-exclusive variant I've seen, this year, that I wish was open to the public.  I think it fits the concept of actual Luminol the best.  But if the mockups are accurate, that cloudy royal blue should be a beaut.  Hopefully it ends up resembling a blue version of the latest Cloud Nothings record.

5 hours ago, birdwell said:

this newest Amulets album is amazing.   i really loved the last full length he did and i feel like this one blows it out of the water

It's easily one of my favorite releases this year.  I've got a few random tapes he's released, but this is my first major exposure to  him and I was completely blown away. 

15 hours ago, radiatorhums said:

It's easily one of my favorite releases this year.  I've got a few random tapes he's released, but this is my first major exposure to  him and I was completely blown away. 

Totally worth checking out his last full length "Between Distant and Remote"

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Another round of HANL - Deathconsciousness represses pre-orders going up tomorrow at 10am EST. 

Legrand Society folks have a pre-crack at them already. And there are some hella nice colors this time around. 

Images? the Oxblood splatter one I got was meh. Wish they did common represses of some of their other albums, but if this one keeps selling, good on them.

8 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Images? the Oxblood splatter one I got was meh. Wish they did common represses of some of their other albums, but if this one keeps selling, good on them.

At this point I feel like they just do a repress of Deathcon to fund whatever next round of new releases are in store.  Not a complaint – album deserves to stay in print – but it must be like shaking the money tree each time they list new variants.

have-a-nice-life-deathconsciousness-dlp-

have-a-nice-life-deathconsciousness-dlp-

have-a-nice-life-deathconsciousness-dlp-have-a-nice-life-deathconsciousness-dlp-

3 minutes ago, rooks said:

might be time i finally buy a copy of this bad boy. the greens look nice.

That top one?  I'm personally way into the influx of that variant, lately.  I like it so much better than the streaky, zany splatters that have been so prevalent for the last decade.  Definitely the strongest contender of this bunch.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That top one?  I'm personally way into the influx of that variant, lately.  I like it so much better than the streaky, zany splatters that have been so prevalent for the last decade.  Definitely the strongest contender of this bunch.

Of course, and likewise.  Been calling them "raindrop" variants. Love the little wisps of color to clear where the pellets didn't fully melt/spread.

Edited by rooks
hwisps

18 hours ago, rooks said:

Of course, and likewise.  Been calling them "raindrop" variants. Love the little wisps of color to clear where the pellets didn't fully melt/spread.

Totally into it! I think if labels knew what was up, there can be a lot of shit happening with multiple colors, this effect and/or mixing with one other effect.

2 hours ago, hookedonsonics said:

What version is this one that was in the Flenser email??

06ee7f5e-b2f3-42c2-bc39-97d0754d38a5.jpeg

Not sure about that one but there is evidence of at least one exclusive variant so perhaps that’s another one that hasn’t been discovered or announced yet?

https://shop.brooklynvegan.com/products/have-a-nice-life-deathconsciousness-limited-edition-olive-green-and-white-2lp-only-300-made?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-brooklynvegan&utm_content=later-18098928&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

• 3 weeks later...

Why we not Flensing this week?!?! Where's the love?!?!?

The Flenser Vinyl Copy of Bosse-de-Nage "Bosse-de-Nage" DLP (pre-order)

Planning for Burial "Matawan - Collected Works 2010-2014 LP (Vol. 1)" DLP

First time on vinyl!

In 2017 The Flenser released a CD collection of material from Planning For Burial's early period entitled Matawan - Collected Works 2010-2014. Named after the bands long-term home-base in Matawan New Jersey, the collection included many of Planning For Burial's beloved rare tracks that originally appeared on seven inches, cassettes, or online. Since 2017, the band's own Thom Wasluck has re-examined the material found on the Matawan collection with the intention of releasing a vinyl version. This vinyl version of the first volume of the Matawan collection includes much of the first disc of the CD version tirelessly remixed and edited, and the inclusion tracks not found on the original edition specially prepared for the vinyl format. 

Double vinyl housed in a single sleeve with insert.  Available on silver vinyl and black vinyl.

Series Three members will be getting a splatter variant along with a 20 page booklet, and art prints from Thom in a wax sealed envelope.

Planning for Burial "Matawan - Collected Works 2010-2014 LP (Vol. 1)" - The Flenser (nowflensing.com)