Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

Does anyone know with Newbury's cart if you have items in your cart while they are still available if they take those out of inventory while you complete your checkout even if they go out of stock in the middle of the checkout process? Because that's what happened to me.

items are not held out of inventory when they are in your cart. they are removed from inventory when your transaction is processed.

Does anyone know with Newbury's cart if you have items in your cart while they are still available if they take those out of inventory while you complete your checkout even if they go out of stock in the middle of the checkout process? Because that's what happened to me.

Well did the sale go through?

It did. But I have done this once before on another site and they emailed me a couple days after saying the sale was cancelled because the order was placed after the item was unavailable. So I'm just worried I might get that email again with this.

There was another poster who explained, earlier in this thread if I'm not mistaken, that you just put an insane number for quantity on their website when you add it to their cart. Sometimes it will give you an error message, but sometimes it will tell you exactly how many they have left in stock at the moment. I thought this was helpful. I don't often buy from Newbury but they have had one or two pre-sales that I really wanted. I try and be frugal but knowing how many have sold on certain albums let me know which ones not to stay on the fence about.

Miles Davis Kind of Blue up. I'm happy with my mono copy of this. Do I really need it on marbled blue?... 

I have picked up a few of the newbury jazz pressings, no more i say no more.. they just are not up to snuff.  A side of a love supreme is fine but the b side is like there is a campfire in the studio with them.

the thelonius w/coltrane is okay after it makes it through the first 5 or 6 minutes.. the duke w/coltrane is pretty good...

Went to Newbury in Norwood with a bonus check from work burning a hole in my pocket. Grabbed the exclusive Hendrix "Axis," Guided By Voices, and Outcast, as well as a couple of overpriced used records. I know I am part of the problem but damn, it is fun to head over there on my day off and physically buy some records.