Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

A lot of jazz records were originally pressed on colored vinyl. I'd personally have been all over that blue KoB... If it was the upcoming MoFi release. I can't reccomend digitally sourced vinyl though.

I'm really excited for the nirvana announcement. I'd be so stoked If it were a colored version of the In Utero 3LP and I'd snap that up in a heartbeat. But in all likelihood its probably just another pressing of Bleach.

I have picked up a few of the newbury jazz pressings, no more i say no more.. they just are not up to snuff. A side of a love supreme is fine but the b side is like there is a campfire in the studio with them.

the thelonius w/coltrane is okay after it makes it through the first 5 or 6 minutes.. the duke w/coltrane is pretty good...

How many times must it be pointed out that Newbury has zero involvement in these exclusive pressings. They're the same stampers, jackets, etc. as each label's own standard pressings. So it makes no sense to comment on the quality of Newbury pressings as a whole, the praise and blame falls on the individual labels.

How many times must it be pointed out that Newbury has zero involvement in these exclusive pressings. They're the same stampers, jackets, etc. as each label's own standard pressings. So it makes no sense to comment on the quality of Newbury pressings as a whole, the praise and blame falls on the individual labels.

well.. regardless.. the standard black I have with that used the same stampers sound fine.. so the newbury releases have been subpar, in my experiences.. compared to pressings made with the same plates on standard black.

I know exactly what you're saying and i dont disagree.  Just saying that the jazz releases that the've been involved in selling have been lesser quality than their standard black equivalents.  

Same shit happens in the HT threads. Around here if something gets labeled as "exclusive" that means the store selling it did everything.

Same shit happens in the HT threads. Around here if something gets labeled as "exclusive" that means the store selling it did everything.

For what its worth I know exactly how it works and instead of saying "sold by newbury" i just said newbury..  the jazz releases that they have been exclusively involved in selling have not been up to snuff.  I know they're not pressing records but they're putting their name on the releases (sticker on shrink) and taking my money, so they're gonna get some of my scorn. panties can be unknotted, dudes.

For what its worth I know exactly how it works and instead of saying "sold by newbury" i just said newbury.. the jazz releases that they have been exclusively involved in selling have not been up to snuff. I know they're not pressing records but they're putting their name on the releases (sticker on shrink) and taking my money, so they're gonna get some of my scorn. panties can be unknotted, dudes.

Never.