Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah they stopped.

Inventory leads me to believe this release is /1000, and there are around 725 left.

Someone asked them on twitter and NC replied that it's /1200.

54 minutes ago, voltagedrop said:

Hah, called it. 
How long do these typically last in stores? Heading to Boston near the end of March and hoping to snag a copy.

There is a post a couple of pages back about someone seeing a copy of Room on Fire in stores around Thanksgiving, and that  was released in Spring 2015. They also mention that the price was jacked up to $70, though I am not sure how long they wait before raising their prices in store.

Edited by DanielJ
Added year

1 hour ago, DanielJ said:

Someone asked them on twitter and NC replied that it's /1200.

There is a post a couple of pages back about someone seeing a copy of Room on Fire in stores around Thanksgiving, and that  was released in Spring 2015. They also mention that the price was jacked up to $70, though I am not sure how long they wait before raising their prices in store.

that was me and I confirm this.  don't bother trying to grab it from the stores, they jack up prices harder than online.  wish I used the time to check out a different record shop instead of wasting my time at Newbury

edit: I also had them check surrounding locations for other copies and prices differences, 3 locations in the boston area had 1-2 copies for $69.99

Edited by ethereal

4 hours ago, ethereal said:

that was me and I confirm this.  don't bother trying to grab it from the stores, they jack up prices harder than online.  wish I used the time to check out a different record shop instead of wasting my time at Newbury

edit: I also had them check surrounding locations for other copies and prices differences, 3 locations in the boston area had 1-2 copies for $69.99

Wtf, wow. I'm thinking of stopping into the nearest store (about an hour drive for me) but didn't know they'd do that. Do they only do this a few months after the release, or always once it goes to stores? Basically, if I go in Friday, will I be paying $30 or $70 if you had to guess? Could save me a trip

3 minutes ago, yougotredonyou said:

Wtf, wow. I'm thinking of stopping into the nearest store (about an hour drive for me) but didn't know they'd do that. Do they only do this a few months after the release, or always once it goes to stores? Basically, if I go in Friday, will I be paying $30 or $70 if you had to guess? Could save me a trip

they do it to anything somewhat popular that sells decently.  I would call if you're worried about the time/price, they will tell you exactly how much it costs if they have it.

Edited by ethereal

Just now, ethereal said:

they do it to anything somewhat popular that sells decently.  I would call if you're worried about the time/price, they will tell you exactly how much it costs if they have it.

Yeah I'll have to call in Friday then. That's just not right if they raise it after selling it for $25 online. 

46 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

It says /500 on the product image hype sticker.

Also I just bought a black copy of this, but my need to have the most limited variant due to my dissatisfaction with life and the need to have some sort of pride with owning something only 499 other individuals have.

Just now, Reshiram454 said:

It says /500 on the product image hype sticker.

Also I just bought a black copy of this, but my need to have the most limited variant due to my dissatisfaction with life and the need to have some sort of pride with owning something only 499 other individuals have.

Yes, so buy Newbury's as only 299 other people will own it.