Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

2 hours ago, swazzyswess said:

Finally got the Deltron 3030 green/gold repress that was released this August....

Wow, talk about some chintzy packaging. Double LP crammed into a standard 1XLP sleeve, lowest quality record sleeves possible, no inserts whatsoever, no download card. :unsure:

That's how all pressings of this record are as far as I know

3 hours ago, swazzyswess said:

Finally got the Deltron 3030 green/gold repress that was released this August....

Wow, talk about some chintzy packaging. Double LP crammed into a standard 1XLP sleeve, lowest quality record sleeves possible, no inserts whatsoever, no download card. :unsure:

Newbury don't press records that's just how the label pressed that record. I don't understand why color copies of this go for so much there are a million different variants I bought a copy for 15 bucks on Amazon and it was red/blue.

7 hours ago, swazzyswess said:

Damn I was going to buy it the next time they had a sale. I'll pass and find a regular version. Would rather pay reasonable prices if that's the packaging.

The first Wu LP and the subsequent initial round of solo records are pretty much perfect.

What masters are being used for these Newbury Wu pressings? I know some of these have been repressed in the last view years and had mixed results. It would be a shame to pay $35 for a shoddy pressing.

Edited by docbronze

2 hours ago, swazzyswess said:

Wh--what's this? Could it be? An actual long OOP reissue from Newbury, for a somewhat reasonable price? It must be a Christmas miracle.

Guided by Voices "Mag Earwhig" on green/orange vinyl. First vinyl pressing since the original in 1997.

Aww jeez, I'm tempted on this one but then I'd be giving money to Newbury Comics...also I just hope this means black reissue on the way.

On 12/7/2017 at 7:43 PM, docbronze said:

The first Wu LP and the subsequent initial round of solo records are pretty much perfect.

What masters are being used for these Newbury Wu pressings? I know some of these have been repressed in the last view years and had mixed results. It would be a shame to pay $35 for a shoddy pressing.

Pretty sure 36 chambers is the same plates as the sub par, usually -$20 reissue that's been everywhere for the last few years. The solo ones are variants of the Get On Down presses