Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

6 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

I visited Boston yesterday so I got to stop in a Newbury Comics for the first time and save money on shipping and tax (I guess it was a tax free day) and picked up that new Nightmare pressing.

Did they have many of the various recent exclusives in store? I'm going to NY next week so was thinking of a trip to one of them (Westchester probably)

1 hour ago, craigeduk said:

Did they have many of the various recent exclusives in store? I'm going to NY next week so was thinking of a trip to one of them (Westchester probably)

I saw a couple copies of the exclusive self titled album and they had a few Nightmare left. No exclusive City of Evil though. This was at the Newbury street store.

Just a FYI.

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/queens_of_the_stone_age-like_clockwork_exclusive_2_lp?variant=12154781171817

The N.C. Exclusive press of "...Like Cloclwork" is back up.
I snagged one, though apparently the pressing has a lot of warped copies in circulation.

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Just a FYI.

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/queens_of_the_stone_age-like_clockwork_exclusive_2_lp?variant=12154781171817

The N.C. Exclusive press of "...Like Cloclwork" is back up.
I snagged one, though apparently the pressing has a lot of warped copies in circulation.

Interesting.... My copy is still sealed. I should probably open it up and have a look

On 7/18/2018 at 3:57 PM, hookedonsonics said:

they seem to have a few Strokes in-store.  I was in NH recently and noticed a few and a year ago in Boston too.  Easier said than done however if you're nowhere NEAR a Newbury.  Finally snagged the GBV Mag Earwhig for sticker price on a drive back thru NH

Would anybody be going to a location anytime soon? Def interested in picking up anything Strokes related. DM me if this sounds possible. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Newbury exclusives of Spoon’s Girls Can Tell (green/500) and Gimme Fiction (red/500)

$19.99 each w/ current 20% automatic discount

This sale has not been kind to my wallet lol picked up a lot of stuff I've been waiting to grab yesterday, buuuuuuut I mean if they insist.

Alright, so I bought some items I had been waiting to pull the trigger on during the sale. They arrived today, but the copy of the Earth 2 exclusive edition I ordered arrived as a standard black vinyl. I had to open it to find this out. What are the odds that Newbury will honor the purchase and send me the correct item even though I opened the one they sent?

I would hope they do right by virtue of them sending me the wrong item, but this hasn't happened to me with them before.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

22 minutes ago, Th3Gr8Whit3Dop3 said:

Alright, so I bought some items I had been waiting to pull the trigger on during the sale. They arrived today, but the copy of the Earth 2 exclusive edition I ordered arrived as a standard black vinyl. I had to open it to find this out. What are the odds that Newbury will honor the purchase and send me the correct item even though I opened the one they sent?

I would hope they do right by virtue of them sending me the wrong item, but this hasn't happened to me with them before.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Did it have a hype sticker on it saying it was colour? That'd be messed up if it did and it was not, usually their colour editions are stickered  (that's just for my own curiosity btw).

Totally email them, their customer service i think is pretty good usually.

Edited by hookedonsonics
clarification

59 minutes ago, hookedonsonics said:

Did it have a hype sticker on it saying it was colour? That'd be messed up if it did and it was not (usually their colour editions are stickered).

Totally email them, their customer service i think is pretty good usually

No Newbury hype sticker, so I opened to verify color. It was listed as the colored exclusive version on the order sheet it shipped with though. I'll be steamed if they tell me they can't swap them because it's open.

10 minutes ago, Th3Gr8Whit3Dop3 said:

No Newbury hype sticker, so I opened to verify color. It was listed as the colored exclusive version on the order sheet it shipped with though. I'll be steamed if they tell me they can't swap them because it's open.

They'll send you the exclusive variant and tell you to keep the black. Don't worry about it. they're good with customer service.

1 hour ago, zdkaiser said:

They'll send you the exclusive variant and tell you to keep the black. Don't worry about it. they're good with customer service.

Here's hoping that's the case. I emailed them a few hours ago and have yet to hear back, but I'll let you guys know what happens.

Thanks to you guys that replied, at the very least you have put my mind at ease for now.

Still happy to have gotten all of the rest of these records finally:

1x - Jay Deelicious: The Delicious Vinyl Years Exclusive 3-LP

1x - Pinata Exclusive 2 LP

1x - Floating Coffin Exclusive LP

1x - The Zombies' Greatest Hits Exclusive LP

1x - Odessey And Oracle Exclusive LP

1x - Mutilator Defeated At Last Exclusive LP

...and these arriving in a couple days:

1x - Gimme Fiction Exclusive LP

1x - Girls Can Tell Exclusive LP

Ordered 4 albums delivered this week also (also including those Zombies albums) in addition to the MOV 180g Audioslave (also stated on invoice) but received the 2017 150g Legacy press. Seems both are out of stock now. 

I did email the mistake but said no need to return or exchange even though I favor the MOV pressings in general, I’ll give the Legacy a shot. 

I received an apology the next morning. 

Anyone compare the two pressings and prefer one over the other? 

Also, the box took quite a beating but their extra-edge package design took the brunt as there wasn’t a single ding or split in the set of 2 doubles and 2 single LPs. 

Evil Empire is up. https://www.newburycomics.com/products/rage_against_the_machine-evil_empire_exclusive_lp?variant=12616660451433

Most likely using the same plates as the reissue from VMP.

EDIT: Actually can't confirm that.

Edited by The Saint

12 minutes ago, mucusoffmybrain said:

There are some new RATM represses coming out in a few weeks, this is prob from that pressing. I can't find any info on them besides they are suppose to be 180g.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/27902518/rage-against-the-machine-evil-empire-180g-vinyl

Interesting, it looks like all the RATM albums are available for preorder....besides S/T.  Maybe we'll see a couple more exclusives from Newbury for the other albums.

Edited by BrainGilliams