Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

On 9/12/2018 at 1:13 PM, mucusoffmybrain said:

There are some new RATM represses coming out in a few weeks, this is prob from that pressing. I can't find any info on them besides they are suppose to be 180g.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/27902518/rage-against-the-machine-evil-empire-180g-vinyl

They are not represses, they are all remastered. Unsure who did the work though.

Sony is the label, I know that much.

Hoping we get an improvement on EE and BoLA.

The MOV cut of EE is alright, but nothing to write home about. The original sounds terrible. The original BoLA isnt great either, never tried the MOV cut though.

21 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

They are not represses, they are all remastered. Unsure who did the work though.

Sony is the label, I know that much.

Hoping we get an improvement on EE and BoLA.

The MOV cut of EE is alright, but nothing to write home about. The original sounds terrible. The original BoLA isnt great either, never tried the MOV cut though.

Pretty sure that’s a repress. Seems like an odd thing to argue semantics about.

3 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Pretty sure that’s a repress. Seems like an odd thing to argue semantics about.

Lol. A new mastering is a small deal? If you say so.

You must just buy records for the pretty colors.

Edited by vinyl addict

7 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Lol. A new mastering is a small deal? If you say so.

You must just buy records for the pretty colors.

I was actually pointing out that you stated something factually incorrect. By definition of the word, these are represses. 

But hey, if you wanna extrapolate and make an uninformed comment about something unrelated, that’s cool too. I’m not gonna lose much sleep over why you think I collect records, bub.

49 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I was actually pointing out that you stated something factually incorrect. By definition of the word, these are represses. 

But hey, if you wanna extrapolate and make an uninformed comment about something unrelated, that’s cool too. I’m not gonna lose much sleep over why you think I collect records, bub.

If it's not using the same plate, which a remaster by definition never does, it's not a repress.  That's a categorical fact. It's a reissue of an album, sure, but not a repress. You're wrong, period.

Edited by armadillo01

1 hour ago, armadillo01 said:

If it's not using the same plate, which a remaster by definition never does, it's not a repress.  That's a categorical fact. It's a reissue of an album, sure, but not a repress. You're wrong, period.

Hey nerds. Stop bumping this thread and getting me excited about a new release.

14 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

But hey, if you wanna extrapolate and make an uninformed comment about something unrelated, that’s cool too. I’m not gonna lose much sleep over why you think I collect records, bub

LOL enjoy your colored records hanging on your walls. Come back when you have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Nothing I said was "factually incorrect". Please explain.

A repress is not the same as a remaster. There's a world of difference.

Edited by vinyl addict

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 5:50 PM, xen0m0rph said:

Btw how often sales happening an nbc?

Any chance for some discounts on black Friday or they didn't do it?

Of course NC does Black Friday, it's the 2nd Record Store Day.

I'm in the store on BF (after leaving Bullmoose) and have never actually seen any sales that I remember. They DO have sales throughout the year with 25% off vinyl though.

41 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Of course NC does Black Friday, it's the 2nd Record Store Day.

I'm in the store on BF (after leaving Bullmoose) and have never actually seen any sales that I remember. They DO have sales throughout the year with 25% off vinyl though.

I'm pretty sure they do a sale the weekend before RSD. Not sure if they do the same with BFRSD though. They probably do, I just never remember. 

8 hours ago, pizza face said:

I'm pretty sure they do a sale the weekend before RSD. Not sure if they do the same with BFRSD though. They probably do, I just never remember. 

I believe I can corroborate this. They did a 25% off sale either one or two weeks before last year, no sale on actual BF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...