Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

25 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

Dont really like FABOTH but seriously considering Either/Or. Still hate myself for missing out on that beautiful New Moon variant.

Not as much as I hate Newbury price tags though. 

I think it depends on how greedy they're feeling about a particular release – so don't quote me across the board – but some of their recent exclusives have been the most reasonably priced they've ever been.  You're (I'm) still a chump for caving in, when it happens, but I haven't seen a $35 PPD single LP from them in a bit.  Would be nice if that was a trend that continued.

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Hell no it's not worth it.

A7X sucks 

I think they get more shit than they deserve, and its mostly just because of their "bro metal" aesthetic these days (hired pole dancers on stage etc).

I would say if you look at it objectively they have some really excellent albums, (especially the earlier stuff) and some really unique and interesting writing.

2 hours ago, V3XED said:

I think they get more shit than they deserve, and its mostly just because of their "bro metal" aesthetic these days (hired pole dancers on stage etc).

I would say if you look at it objectively they have some really excellent albums, (especially the earlier stuff) and some really unique and interesting writing.

No

None of what you said.

4 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

Picked up From A Basement On The Hill with the sale. I definitely don't dislike it anymore after giving it a proper listen.

This might be a controversial opinion but Basement is probably my favorite Elliott Smith album. I wasn’t a fan until I bought the CD and ended up not changing it out for a good six months. So good.

9 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

This might be a controversial opinion but Basement is probably my favorite Elliott Smith album. I wasn’t a fan until I bought the CD and ended up not changing it out for a good six months. So good.

Definitely not my favorite, but also definitely a great album.

NEW NC Vinyl Exclusives!

Ryan Adams on White Vinyl (LTD/600)
American Football on Clear with Light Blue Splatter (LTD/300)... 
Numero Group's amazing Warfaring Strangers: Acid Nightmares comp on Purple/Yellow Flashback Vinyl +book & blacklight-style sleeve w/ flocking (LTD/300)
Enjoy!

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl

-Carl@NewburyComics

4 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

NEW NC Vinyl Exclusives!

Ryan Adams on White Vinyl (LTD/600)
American Football on Clear with Light Blue Splatter (LTD/300)... 
Numero Group's amazing Warfaring Strangers: Acid Nightmares comp on Purple/Yellow Flashback Vinyl +book & blacklight-style sleeve w/ flocking (LTD/300)
Enjoy!

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl

-Carl@NewburyComics

That AF LP3 looks niiiiice. Late to the party but their variant of that ATL album looks like hot garbage, god damn.

Two Brand New Newbury Comics exclusives:
NC faves Galaxie 500's 'On Fire' (Gold Vinyl-LTD/500) and The Shins' 'Oh, Inverted World' (Blue & Black Swirl-LTD/600).

Both are available to order now... and out on 2/15. Enjoy!

Edited by ckraus333